Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - File type/creator recognition?
File type/creator recognition?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:36 am    Post subject:

I think it's possible to automate this to the extent that it's totally transparent to the user via folder actions (and the fact that Neo/J doesn't change type/creator of existing files, only sets them for the ones it creates). I've never done any folder action script before, so it might take some time for me to get it right.

In the meantime, what extensions/types are needed besides .doc/W8BN, .dot/W8TN, .xls/XLS8, and .ppt/SLD8?

Smokey

Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:50 am    Post subject:

Wow, not that hard at all. I was afraid maybe "adding" only meant Finder copies, but it works with creating files, too. Cool. There's a slight flash that happens after the file is saved the first time, but only then (not sure if I can polish that up by changing who does the action or not)....

So, I have a working script. I'm going to go have breakfast. Let me know if there are other file types or parameters needed, and I can fix those and polish up the script and package it up nicely for download.

Did I mention I :love: AppleScript? Smile (well, those days I can make it do what I want Very Happy)

Smokey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject:

Thanks Wink
I have 10 macos10.4 and I would like install neooffice and 50 macos9 with word98 in network
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject:

One more thing I forgot to ask; are you saving the files with extensions (when you save them in Neo/J)? Because the script needs some way to figure out which files are what. Unless you will only ever be saving Word documents (not templates or Excel or PowerPoint)....

J'ai oublié d'inquirer: quand vous sauvegardez les dossiers Word dans Neo/J, ultisez-vous les extesions? Parce-que l'AppleScript doit connaître quel dossier est dossier Word, dossier Excel, etc...à moins que vous sauvegarderez seulement dossiers Word....

(J'ai oublié la plus partie du français j'ai étudié Sad)

Smokey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:08 am    Post subject:

Thank you very much for these answers rapid.

To add the extensions does not pose a problem to me, I would like just that it is ergonomic and transparent for the user.

I have to think that it was a bug but not Sad

http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/bug.php?op=s...ugid=878&pos=17

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject:

Smile

http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/bug.php?op=show&bugid=878&pos=17

somebody could erase the preceding post, afflicts error of handling
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject:

Voilà! Version 1.0 of "Add Microsoft HFS Type and Creator Codes" is available:

http://homepage.mac.com/sardisson/add_ms_hfs_codes.dmg (82 KB compressed .dmg)

Instructions for installing the script and setting up Folder Actions in Readme.rtf (seulement en anglais Sad)

It's pretty simple AppleScript so I don't think anything changes between 10.3.9 and 10.4.x...

Hope this solves the problem Smile

Smokey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:05 am    Post subject:

Thank you very much I go tested Wink
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2