Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Compiling Qt 3.3.1 on Panther?
Compiling Qt 3.3.1 on Panther?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice/C Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Compiling Qt 3.3.1 on Panther?

Just wondering if anyone's been able to compile Qt 3.3.1 on Panther and provide any insight. Google's prophecies seem to be doing nothing for me tonight Smile I've got it compiling through Designer, but don't want to spend time on making it work Wink

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject:

Found it while waiting for CVS downloads...

After the first build failure, set DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH in your build shell to map to the lib directory that stores the output. The problem isn't in the makefiles but rather in one of the Qt bootstrap executables trying to locate the Qt shared library during the compilation process.

After explicitly including it on the library path designer is compiling just fine.

ed
woody12

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: qt

you going to do a OOo with QT to get rid of X11?[/list]
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject:

I was just playing with it for research purposes. After research, the state of the work of the Qt guys right now isn't actually in any state where it can help the Mac port. The Qt port that was released used the NWF in the same way as the GTK+ port...all of the underlying font handling, drawing, etc. is done using X11. It's only the widget drawing that's using Qt's equivalent of the appearance manager. Originally Jan had been hacking away at a full Qt replacement for the X11 VCL, but that's not the case.

I guess I should've d/ld the code before playing with compiling Qt. That said, the demos are quite impressive. Qt/Mac's come quite far since their first public betas Smile I dug the internationalization one, meself.

Ah well, back to trying to hack in XOR drawing in coregraphcs.

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice/C Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1