Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Solveig Haugland is at it again
Solveig Haugland is at it again

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Solveig Haugland is at it again

Solveig Haugland has some more interesting / exciting articles!! http://www.openoffice.blogs.com/

August 21, 2007 -- Back to School: A few of the many, many sites with free clip art for schools

August 20, 2007 -- Very nice features in the gallery for putting graphics in the background on OpenOffice Writer

August 13, 2007 -- Addon tools for OpenOffice.org Writer
http://nothickmanuals.info/doku.php/writertools
    Lookup Tool - allows you to lookup the currently selected word in several online references, including Cambridge Dictionaries, WordNet, and Google Define.
    Google Translate - allows users to quickly translate selected text fragments between different languages using the Google Translate service.
    Show on the Map - tool allows you to select a city, a street name, or a postal code and map it using the Multimap service.
    Convert to DokuWiki - converts the current document into DokuWiki format.
    and more....

August 13, 2007 -- Printing Envelopes in OpenOffice.org Writer (Repost)

August 09, 2007 -- A Huge Printable PDF Article on Advanced Report Techniques, Including SQL-Based Calculated Fields on Reports

All I can say is ... WOW!
What an incredible group of articles.

Philip (psss I think I love this woman!!!! Wink )
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, Philip! I saw those articles in her blog the other day, but I didn't think about advertising the links. I've added most of the articles you mentioned to the appropriate pages in the wiki.

I struggled a bit with where to put the Writer Tools piece; I ended up adding it to the Using Macros page. But I'm wondering if we should start a new page for Extensions/Add-ons.

In addition to the Writer Tools, there would be the OygenOfficeProfessional ClipArt and Template packages (already on the Clip Art and Template pages), and dMaths. Presumably there are others I don't know about?
rays
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject:

Unfortunately, the macros don't run successfully in Neo. If I knew anything about VBA, I'd love to see the 'Translate' macro work but I can't figure out how to pass the constructed URL to Firefox to handle.

At the moment, there's an 'If' statement which differentiates between OOo on Windows or Linux (X11 too , maybe?) but no go on Mac OS X.

Sad

If someone with VBA knowledge or with a Mac version of Office still with VBA support, maybe they could have a look at it, I'm sure they would be a huge productivity boon for the wiki translation team in NeoOffice.

Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:21 am    Post subject:

I almost asked if anyone knew if they worked before adding to the wiki; since it looked liked they used OOo BASIC, I didn't bother. Embarassed I'll add a note to the wiki about that.

I take it the instructions on how to change the default browser (found on the page Philip mentions above) didn't fix the problem?

Did you try all the Macros in Writer tools?

Does anyone know how similar Dokuwiki and Mediawiki formatting are? I'm wondering if the Dokuwiki tool could be of help to those of use who work in the wiki. That presumes, of course that it will work in Neo at all.

Lorinda
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1