Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Export to PPT and loading againg change the languaje
Export to PPT and loading againg change the languaje

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fekolin
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Export to PPT and loading againg change the languaje

Hello:

This is my first post. I'm a Neooffice 2.2.2 patch 3. When i export an Impress presentation to powerpoint it change the languaje of the document (from native spanish) to english, every time.

Somebody know how to stop it? Thanks.
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject:

I cannot reproduce your problem: I export in French from NeoOffice to PowerPoint without language change.

Can you try the following:

Go to the NeoOffice > Preferences menu

Make sure that in Language Settings > Language, the Default language for document is set on Spanish.

In the Load/Save > Microsoft Office section, make sure that the two boxes PowerPoint to NeoOffice Impress and NeoOffice Impress to PowerPoint are checked.

If that doesn't help, try to remove your preferences folder as described in this page in the wiki.

Jacqueline
fekolin
Red Pill

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject:

It doesn't work. I already reinstall neooffice (unistall/install, not only update) and the problem remains.

Even i try to erase manually all the dictionaries, modifying the dictionary.lst and install only the "ES" ones. Sad

Thats only append when save in Powerpoint, if i use the ODP format is saved right.

If you need more information, please ask. I really need to solve this problem.

Thanks
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject:

Does that happen with all your Impress documents? Sometimes a file is corrupted and can cause problems.

Did you use particular fonts in your Impress document?

Jacqueline
fekolin
Red Pill

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject:

The spellchecker is always switched to english UK, it's weird because i don't have that dictionary installed. The spanish dictionary is the only one installed, but in preferences->Languages still showing german, french an other whit the "abc" check.

I'm 99% sure that is my fault, but i can't find where is the problem.
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject:

I don't believe that your problem is related with the spellcheckers. BTW NeoOffice uses the native Mac OS X spellchecker.

In your Impress document, go to Format > Character… > Font and make sure that the Language drop-down is set on Spanish. Click OK.

If that doesn't help, create a new user account and open your document in that new account to see if the problem is still there.

Jacqueline
fekolin
Red Pill

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject:

Doesn't work. I do the both things but still exporting in english UK. In my current user, when ctrl-click in a highlighted word say "The paragraph is Spanish", if i agree that and save/open again, it's higligted again.
In the new user say "The paragraph is Unknow" (I have installed de spanish languaje pack, i forgot to say it before)
I already try to use diferent fonts, erase all the dictionaries and reinstall Neooffice, but always switch to english when is saved as ppt.

Could be problem with my OSX native dictionary?

I really appreciate your help, thanks.
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject:

Eventually, after some trials and errors, I could reproduce the bug. But that occurs also in RetroOffice and in OpenOffice.org. So it seems to be a bug of OOo.

Unfortunately, the current scope of the NeoOffice project is limited by resources to keeping a native version of OpenOffice.org running on Mac OS X, and fixing OpenOffice.org feature bugs is outside that scope.

You can report this as a bug in the OpenOffice.org issue tracker to get it on the radar of the core OpenOffice.org developers and if they fix the behavior, the new behavior will get included in a future release of NeoOffice:

http://qa.openoffice.org/issue_handling/pre_submission.html

Jacqueline
fekolin
Red Pill

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject:

Thanks, i'll do it.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject:

Note: our advice is to report the bug against OpenOffice.org and not mention NeoOffice as mentioning NeoOffice will likely cause OOo volunteers to preemptively close it without actually confirming that the bug occurs in OOo.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1