Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Transfer prefs from 2.2.5 to 3?
Transfer prefs from 2.2.5 to 3?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fmoore
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Transfer prefs from 2.2.5 to 3?

I installed NeoO 3 today and it seemed to pick up a number of items from my v2.2.5 installation including my templates and autocorrection settings/text. Thank you! However, I have heavily customized my button menus and keyboard shortcuts. Can I drag the prefs files from 2.2.5 to 3 so I don't have to reconstruct these settings? That would be a real time saver.

The button bar settings for Writer appear to be in ~/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-2.2/user/config/soffice.cfg/modules/swriter/toolbar. However, I couldn't figure out which file contained my customized keyboard shortcuts. Could you tell me? And whether I can just copy it over.

Thanks so much for all your efforts! I'm converting as many people as I can to NeoO. They're all very happy to get out from under Little Willie's heavy and expensive thumb.

--Fred
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject:

I do not know which specific preference file contains the customized keyboard shortcuts. I would recommend following the steps in this NeoWiki article on Recovering Settings from Old or Corrupt Preferences. The steps include making backup copies of both preference folders (NeoOffice-2.2 and NeoOffice-3.0) in case a mistake is made.

After following the steps in the NeoWiki article were you able to recover your customized Keyboard Shortcuts and Toolbars?

--fran
fmoore
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject:

narf wrote:
I do not know which specific preference file contains the customized keyboard shortcuts. I would recommend following the steps in this NeoWiki article on Recovering Settings from Old or Corrupt Preferences. The steps include making backup copies of both preference folders (NeoOffice-2.2 and NeoOffice-3.0) in case a mistake is made.

After following the steps in the NeoWiki article were you able to recover your customized Keyboard Shortcuts and Toolbars?

Success! Thanks so much, Fran, for the NeoWiki reference (I keep forgetting to look there!) It had the keyboard shortcuts location (repeated below) and many other prefs files. Anyone who's interested should definitely read that page. After fooling around with the NeoO prefs in v2.2.5 and v3, I have discovered the locations of a few other useful preference files not mentioned on that page which, as far as I can tell, may be dragged from the old prefs to the new one with no ill effects. YMMV; use at your own risk. Backup first. Make SURE you get the path right! The only thing which should be different is the NeoO version number.

* current.xml: keyboard shortcuts among many other things; one of these files for EACH module
Writer's--~/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-2.2/user/config/soffice.cfg/modules/swriter/accelerator/en-US/current.xml

Several inside the same folder in the user registry:
* Common.xcu: recent docs, external email app, font replacement tables, and several others.
~/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-2.2/user/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/Common.xcu

* UI.xcu: color assignment prefs.
~/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-2.2/user/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/UI.xcu

* Views.xcu: not quite sure what this does, but seems to get modified when other settings files change.
~/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-2.2/user/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/Views.xcu

* Writer.xcu: numerous prefs including printing and other options
~/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-2.2/user/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/Writer.xcu

Thanks again for the help!

--Fred
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1