NeoOffice :: View topic - Media Browser Support
Media Browser Support

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject:

Correction: I uploaded a new test patch as the last one was missing a font kerning fix for printing. Please download the following test patch if you downloaded test patch 12.

If you want to test the latest code just to make sure that I didn't inadvertently break anything, you can download the latest test patch from the following URLs:

PowerPC:
http://sally.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-2.2.3-Patch-2-Test-13-PowerPC.dmg

Intel:
http://sally.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-2.2.3-Patch-2-Test-13-Intel.dmg

Patrick
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject:

FWIW, iMedia just released a new version today:

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/33304

Not sure how this applies to NeoOffice, as their svn repository seems to have all the code in trunk, and no other relevant branches or tags. Some of these changes may already be in NeoOffice…
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the heads up. When I was working earlier, I saw Karelia was working on a new version but it wasn't ready yet to put in production as we had done most of our testing with the earlier version. I'll check it out and perhaps we can get it into 2.2.5. I believe the latest features that had been in development were the ability to add custom folders to the browser, something that's come up here as well.

ed
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Earlier this week, Ed successfully upgraded our Media Browser code to use the latest code from Karelia. With their latest code, you can now add your own custom folders by doing either of the following:

- Click on the Media Browser floating window and then drag a folder from the Finder into the Media Browser window

- Control-click on the Media Browser floating window and select the Add Custom Folders option from the popup menu

You can test the latest Media Browser features by installing the following test patch. Note: the test patch is very large (nearly 20 MB) as it contains some of the new binaries that we need for NeoOffice 2.2.5:

Intel:
http://jane.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-2.2.4-Patch-5-Test-2-Intel.dmg

PowerPC:
http://jane.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-2.2.4-Patch-5-Test-2-PowerPC.dmg

Patrick
rays
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
- Click on the Media Browser floating window and then drag a folder from the Finder into the Media Browser window

I am only able to do this if I open the Media Browser with a Writer document open, then close the Writer document to leave the Media Browser window as the only window open in NeoOffice. Otherwise the Media Browser disappears behind the Writer document whenever I try to select a folder from a Finder window.

Control-click method works fine.

Trust this helps,

Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:12 am    Post subject:

I have the same problem, which is easily worked around by switching to NeoOffice using Cmd-Tab, which displays the Media Browser window again.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject:

rays wrote:
am only able to do this if I open the Media Browser with a Writer document open, then close the Writer document to leave the Media Browser window as the only window open in NeoOffice. Otherwise the Media Browser disappears behind the Writer document whenever I try to select a folder from a Finder window.

Sorry, but you cannot have NeoOffice lose focus. You must click and hold and start dragging from the Finder. If you do a normal click on the Finder, the Finder now has focus and, like all Mac OS X floating tool windows, NeoOffice's Media Browser will automatically hide.

In other words, the Finder needs to be in the background and you drag from the background Finder into the Media Browser window. So, if you need to change the current folder in the Finder, click back on NeoOffice so that it has focus and than drag the folder from the background Finder window.

Does that work?

Patrick
rays
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject:

Ok. It works as now explained. Thanks for the detail, Patrick.
Waluigi
Sentinel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:51 am    Post subject:

Karelia just updated its media browser. Maybe this is somehow relevant for NeoOffice development.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the info. When I get a chance I'll go through and look at the new code and see what's in it. We do customize it slightly to be compatible with the drag-and-drop requirements of Neo as well as to add in the Neo galleries, so it takes some engineering time toevaluate and incorporate new versions.

Thanks for the heads up!

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7