NeoOffice :: View topic - Updated Aqua menu patch available for testing
Updated Aqua menu patch available for testing

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Ed and I have added some new features and fixed more bugs that were reported against the NeoOffice/J 1.1 Alpha 2 "Patch-4" patch and so I have posted "Patch-5".

This patch includes the following new features:

1. Mouse wheel support - Yes, the mouse wheel now works even though we are using Java 1.3.1 (sometimes it is nice thing to be able to use C code).

2. Automatic patch checking - Please note that in order to fully test this feature, the patch will bring up the "new patch available" web page the first time that you run Neo/J after installing the patch.

3. WordPerfect file import - The WriterPerfect code is integrated in this patch.

This patch contains fixes for the following bugs:

1. Fixes for the infinite loop bug when using Neo/J's mail merge feature.

2. Fixes for certain Aqua menu bugs.

3. Various other bugs in Bugzilla that are marked as "resolved/fixed".

You can download "Patch-5" from the following URL:

http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/patch.php

Please help the testing effort and file any bugs that you find in Bugzilla (http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/).

Patrick
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject:

Great! Mouse wheel support, and all my file-opening problems solved.

I've got a question about something that I'm not sure is a bug or not, hence here: it seems to be that remembering previous window size/position is limited to a per-application basis (i.e. writer, calc etc.). So if after launching Neo/J I open up a set of spreadsheets, they all open at the same position/size as the last spreadsheet I saved - apart from the first one to open, which opens in the 'blank writer doc' window and maintains that size/position.

Is there any way to get the individual docs' window size/position saved in the docs? I can see how this might cause problems moving docs across computers with different screens, resolutions. But if the doc remembered what its last save path was, and if that hadn't changed then it was opened in the same size/pos that would be great.

I have no idea if this is an Ooo issue or a Neo/J issue, or just me crying for the moon...

- yoxi
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
Ed and I have added some new features and fixed more bugs that were reported against the NeoOffice/J 1.1 Alpha 2 "Patch-4" patch and so I have posted "Patch-5".

This patch includes the following new features:

2. Automatic patch checking - Please note that in order to fully test this feature, the patch will bring up the "new patch available" web page the first time that you run Neo/J after installing the patch.

3. WordPerfect file import - The WriterPerfect code is integrated in this patch.

This patch contains fixes for the following bugs:

2. Fixes for certain Aqua menu bugs.

3. Various other bugs in Bugzilla that are marked as "resolved/fixed".

I haven't noticed the automatic web page opening, and WP import is working very nicely (though progres indicator, which is to be expected with an external filter).

Aqua menus seem more responsive too. Excellent work!

I do have a few annoyances which I am not sure can be helped:

1 - NeoOffice can easily eat a whopping 900MB of virutal memory. While not as bad as Mozilla 1.7.3 (which managed 1.16 GB at one time), it is still quite a lot. But I recall it is caused by the Java VM which starts off by reserving 500 MB. Even then, 400 more seems a lot.

2 - After using Command-H to hide the placeholder window and then open a document through the Finder, it can take pretty long time to re-appear. This might just be VM swapping.

3 - When minimizing the placeholder window into the dock and opening a document, the placeholder doesn't pop up but the document still loads into the window in the dock.

4 - The extra line that was between the menu and the toolbars still seems to be there.

Let me know if you want me to file bugs on any of these.

Thanks again,
Oscar
pinolo
Red Pill

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
1. Mouse wheel support - Yes, the mouse wheel now works even though we are using Java 1.3.1 (sometimes it is nice thing to be able to use C code).

Whoa! I overlooked this one when downloading the patch. Today I found out by using SideTrack on my iBook and it really made my day!
Thanks, though I find that scrolling could get better, hopefully. Now it feels a little "stiff", or maybe over-sensible, making too big steps for each "wheel-tick"
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject:

I copied the X11 code which hard-coded to scroll 3 lines with each tick. This seemed a bit odd to me since OOo X11 only scrolls one line at a time. So, I changed scroll lines to 1 line per tick. This change will be in the next patch.

Patrick
tskapo
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject:

I'm trying to install patch NeoOfficeJ-1.1_Alpha_2-Patch-3-Aqua-Menus but I can't. I receive an error message: You can't install this software on this volume.
How can you fix this problem?
Boukman
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject:

tskapo wrote:
I'm trying to install patch NeoOfficeJ-1.1_Alpha_2-Patch-3-Aqua-Menus but I can't. I receive an error message: You can't install this software on this volume.
How can you fix this problem?

You are trying to use an old patch.

What you need to do is 1) go and download NeoOfficeJ 1.1 Beta, install it, and then 2) you can get the latest patch for that version and install it.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2