NeoOffice :: View topic - switching windows
switching windows

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gust
Councilperson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
Maybe you are not running in 64-bit mode (that requires extra manual steps to do on most Mac machines) but I cannot reproduce this behavior on my Mac OS X 10.6.2 machine. I open 3 Writer windows and press Command-~ to cycle through the windows without a problem.

Can you verify that you are not running NeoOffice 3.0.2 Early Access? If you select the Help :: About NeoOffice, what does it display for the version and patch?

If it says "NeoOffice 3.0.2 Patch 0", the next thing to try installing the latest NeoOffice 3.0.2 patch. We released Patch 1 this morning and you can download it from the NeoOffice patch download page.

If the problem still occurs with NeoOffice 3.0.2 Patch 1, then the next think to try is uninstalling the LanguageTool extension. I understand that you are using the LanguageTool 1.0.0 extension and in this post I found that the LanguageTool extension creates its own Java thread and, potentially, their Java code is interfering with NeoOffice's code that handles window focus order.
With patch 1 and without LanguageTool still the same result: after opening 3 writer docs it only cycles through the top two. Note that I'm not using command-~ to cycle as my locale dictates another shortcut combination: command-crtl-<
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject:

Gust wrote:
With patch 1 and without LanguageTool still the same result: after opening 3 writer docs it only cycles through the top two. Note that I'm not using command-~ to cycle as my locale dictates another shortcut combination: command-crtl-<

Are you using Mac OS X Spaces? If so, does this problem occur if you turn off spaces and all windows are in one screen?

Patrick
Gust
Councilperson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
Are you using Mac OS X Spaces?
No.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject:

OK. Later today I will reboot into Snow Leopard and set the key shortcut to Command-Control-< and see if I can reproduce this. I am doing some debugging in Tiger right now but I will post what I find when I am able to boot into Snow Leopard.

Patrick
Gust
Councilperson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
OK. Later today I will reboot into Snow Leopard and set the key shortcut to Command-Control-< and see if I can reproduce this. I am doing some debugging in Tiger right now but I will post what I find when I am able to boot into Snow Leopard.
Ok, take your time for it. It's definitely not a showstopper.
Gust
Councilperson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
Later today I will reboot into Snow Leopard and set the key shortcut to Command-Control-< and see if I can reproduce this.
Found a trigger. When the cursor is in a table, cycling is limited to the top-2 windows. Otherwise, it cycles through all open windows.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Gust wrote:
pluby wrote:
Later today I will reboot into Snow Leopard and set the key shortcut to Command-Control-< and see if I can reproduce this.
Found a trigger. When the cursor is in a table, cycling is limited to the top-2 windows. Otherwise, it cycles through all open windows.

Thank you for finding that. That is definitely the trigger and I can now reproduce this bug on Snow Leopard if one of the windows is a Writer document with the cursor in a table.

I have reopend bug 3557 to track this bug and I will post a test patch for you to try when I have a fix for this bug.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject:

I think that I have fixed this bug. What I found was that my original fix was not getting used because my code was looking for the list of Mac OS X key shortcuts that are set in the System Preferences application in the wrong place.

On Snow Leopard, the key shortcuts are stored in a different preferences file than on Tiger so now I check the Snow Leopard location first and only if I do not find the key shortcuts there, I look in the old preferences file.

Can you install the following test patch and tell us if the fix works for you?:

Intel:
http://joe.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.0.2-Patch-1-Test-1-Intel.dmg

PowerPC:
http://joe.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.0.2-Patch-1-Test-1-PowerPC.dmg

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject:

FYI. I have included the fix in NeoOffice 3.0.2 Patch 2.

The patch can be downloaded from the NeoOffice patch download page.

Patrick
Gust
Councilperson

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:50 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
Thanks. I didn't have the chance to test it, but I will report on it's functionality if necessary.
Gust
Councilperson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:25 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
The issue seems to have regressed in some way. Not sure if it is the same issue, I didn't check it out in great detail but I noticed window cycling anomalies again (using 3.0.2 patch 2). If you cannot reproduce it, I will have a closer look to it happens again.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:51 am    Post subject:

Gust wrote:
The issue seems to have regressed in some way. Not sure if it is the same issue, I didn't check it out in great detail but I noticed window cycling anomalies again (using 3.0.2 patch 2). If you cannot reproduce it, I will have a closer look to it happens again.

Can you describe what anomalies? I don't use Snow Leopard very frequently as I must do all NeoOffice development on Mac OS X 10.4 so I am unlikely to bump into the behavior that you see by chance.

Patrick
Gust
Councilperson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
Can you describe what anomalies? I don't use Snow Leopard very frequently as I must do all NeoOffice development on Mac OS X 10.4 so I am unlikely to bump into the behavior that you see by chance.
I've done some preliminary testing. It seems to be the table issue again: if the cursor is in a table, Neo switches between the top-2 windows only. Not sure if it regressed or rather hasn't been fixed for my config (with an Azerty keyboard layout), I haven't been testing thoroughly the test patch you provided.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject:

I cannot reproduce this with either an English or German keyboard.

I created three new Writer documents and inserted a table in each one. I tried various combinations of having the cursor in none, some, or all of the tables but in all cases, pressing Command-` rotated through all of the document windows. I also tried having the Styles & Formatting floating window open and closed but that had no effect.

Is there something different in your documents from my documents?

Patrick
Gust
Councilperson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
I cannot reproduce this with either an English or German keyboard.

I created three new Writer documents and inserted a table in each one. I tried various combinations of having the cursor in none, some, or all of the tables but in all cases, pressing Command-` rotated through all of the document windows. I also tried having the Styles & Formatting floating window open and closed but that had no effect.

Is there something different in your documents from my documents?
The floating window seems to be a trigger here: if there are no floating windows, switching is normal. With floating windows, cycling is limited to the top-2. The cursor is causing the irritating floating window to appear when in a table. But without tables the same behaviour can be reproduced with the Styles & Formatting float.

Maybe it's an os x bug? On my Azerty keyboard, the shortcut used for switching is command+control+>
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4