Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Autosave (ie autorecovery) not working 3.2 beta?
Autosave (ie autorecovery) not working 3.2 beta?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Beta Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Ignore my last post as I can now reproduce this problem when I open a file whose name (including the trailing 4 .odt characters) is longer than 249 characters. What happens is that when the OpenOffice.org autosave code appends the 6 "_0.odt" characters, Mac OS X won't allow the autosave file to be created because the new file name is greater than the 255 character maximum file name limit imposed by Mac OS X's HFS+ file system.

Unfortunately, all versions of NeoOffice and OpenOffice.org are affected by this maximum file name limit so there isn't anything that can be done to make autosave work for such long names.

The only workaround is to limit file names (including the 4 trailing .odt characters) to 248 characters. This will safely allow up to 99 autosaves to occur without hitting the maximum file name limit.

Does reducing the length of the file name to 248 characters or less fix the problem for you?

Patrick
timrichardson
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject:

I also can not reproduce it any longer. Sorry about this. Very odd. I will try tonight to see if the problem still exists on my wife's mac.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Beta Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum