Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - installing a 2nd language on NeoOfficeJ
installing a 2nd language on NeoOfficeJ

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: installing a 2nd language on NeoOfficeJ

I tried (unsuccessfully) to install a second language dictionary by trying to follow the procedure recommended on NeoOffice.org. To "uncomment" a file doesn't ring a bell to me, but I am not exactly an expert, but rather an average user.

I however found a way to install another language as follow:

In Applications/NeoOfficeJ/Content/share/dict/ooo/ open DicOOo.sxw, it launch a macro and other dictionaries can be downloaded and installed on NeoOfficeJ

Remark: the DicOOo.sxw file present in NeoOfficeJ is the release 1.3.3, it work (correctly) with it; an upgrade to release 1.4 is proposed, but for some reason NeoOffice remained in a frozen state when I attempted to download and install a new dictionary with the release 1.4

I tried twice with both 1.3.3 and 1.4, with each time a complete re-installation of NeoOfficeJ, with similar results, to say second dictionary installed, working properly, NeoOfficeJ behaving nicely, when using the release 1.3.3; while having a not so convincing result using 1.4 (NeoOfficeJ frozen)
rays
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the post warning about DicOOo.sxw 1.4. I too saw this option recently and (fortunately, it seems) chose not to install it as I was in a bit of a rush. Glad I didn't now!
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1