Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Strange format in copy and paste
Strange format in copy and paste

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tanolobo
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject: Strange format in copy and paste

Hello

Recently i noted those changes in the operation of copy and Paste in raw format.
I mean now in a calc file i copy somes values to paste in the text of a new mail and i get this output:
"
!-- BODY,DIV,TABLE,THEAD,TBODY,TFOOT,TR,TH,TD,P { font-family:"Arial"; font-size:x-small } --
brown
black
white
"
3 months ago there was only the values without the first line.
is now possible to avoid the first line when i past the only text in a new mail?

Thanks
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject:

It appears that you have posted in the NeoOffice Mobile Suport forum which is not the right place to post about NeoOffice issues. I have moved your post to the NeoOffice Support forum where it will be seen. That forum has a minimum donation limit but once you donate the minimum amount, please post a reply with the following information and we will start working on your issue:

1. What version of NeoOffice is shown in the Help :: About NeoOffice menu?

2. What version of Mac OS X is shown in the Apple :: About This Mac menu?

3. Are you pasting into Apple's Mail application or some other mail application like Mozilla's Thunderbird?

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Before you consider donating enough for to post in our support forum, I would recommend looking at why your mail application cannot handle HTML properly.

From your post, it is clear that your mail application cannot properly the valid HTML that NeoOffice is putting on the system clipboard. Specifically, your mail application is mishanding HTML comments and, instead, displaying those comments.

NeoOffice 3.2.1's HTML is definitely valid HTML and both Apple Mail (at least on Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard) and Mozilla's Thunderbird properly handle HTML comments so if you are using something other than Apple Mail or Mozilla's Thunderbird, I would highly recommend you file a support issue or bug with the mail application.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1