Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Seeking NeoOffice Mailing lists
Seeking NeoOffice Mailing lists

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimWG
Keymaker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Seeking NeoOffice Mailing lists

Greetings All!

The subject says it all. Can anyone recommend me any NeoOffice mailing lists? I know about the OpenOffice ones but are there any "pure" NeoOffice ones?

Thanks!

James Greenidge
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:26 am    Post subject:

there were lists for a while, but i don't believe they are up anymore, 'managment' decided that it was better to focus communication through the website.

that being said, patrick did recently ask thoughts about setting up a user list for neo, maybe we should re-visit the question?
JimWG
Keymaker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Open Letter To NeoOffice's Craftsmen!

Thanks for responding, Jake!

Gee, why can't this page just mirror or be the on-line face to a mailing list? Well, I'd just assume start a NeoOffice Yahoo group with mailing-list features if nothing's coming around the bend the next few days regarding this issue. What the withdraw of OpenOffice from Mac development, NeoOffice ought strike the disaffected Mac OO crowd's iron while it's hot, and a watering hole would help spread the positive feedback!

I am just tickled blue (a guy) about NeoOffice replacing grade-school grade AppleWorks and poorly implemented Nisus Express and needlessly convoluted Mellel. More than that, I wish to give (over) dues to the faceless souls behind NeoOffice, who are -- yes, unselfishly sacrificing living time to sweat over code for our benefit for virtually no monetary reward in return. I can't tell these people how grateful I am for their labor, and I just roll my eyes in bewilderment at these _selfish_ people on other planets who complain (not even constructive nit-picking) about any facet of truly heavy-duty FREE software!

I'd be willing to outright purchase NeoOffice for a low base fee then over time donate in nickels and dimes (adds up!) whenever it moves me. I think this scheme would do wonders in assuaging the consciouses of shareware skimpers and at least in part reward the wonderful unsung gang behind NeoOffice. I hope to also contribute lots of amicable nit-picking to help polish their gem.

James Greenidge
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject:

I disabled the mailing lists for two reasons:

1) No one used them.
2) The majordomo was just getting overloaded with processing all the spam sent to it.

If you have an RSS aggregator the forums are available as an RSS feed either for the whole system or for individual NeoJ forums. You can find more info here:

http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=850

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1