Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - International version: no german loc.
International version: no german loc.

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
schlesi
Oracle

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 12:16 am    Post subject: It works!

Hi Patrick,

great! It works! I've a "germanized" NeoOffice/J now. That has been a hard piece of work for a sunny weekend Wink

BTW: While my discussions to AppleLanguages on the german newsgroup, I found out that several people seems to have the problem with the corrupted language settings and obiously it wasn't noticed in "regular" use. Maybe it would be a good idea to describe the problem and its solution in the NeoOffice/J's README.

Thank you very much for your help!

Thomas
sjolit
Sentinel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: How do I get NeoOffice in Lithuanian?

Maybe I'm just new to this whole locale idea, but could you please tell me what I need to do to get NeoOffice to have menus and help files in Lithuanian? I know there is a lithuanian OpenOffice for Windows and Linux, but I haven't figured out how to add that sort of functionality to NeoOffice/J. Adding the dictionary and hyphenation wasn't too hard, that part works, and I set my locale to "Lithuanian (Lithuania)", but still, how do I get the full Lithuanian flavor? Confused

Thanks!
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Since I cannot find any Lithuanian resource files in the OOo codebase, I assume that OOo with Lithuanian for Windows and Linux was created by some volunteers who have done the translations and hacked those translations into a custom OOo build.

You may want to contact the people that did the Lithuanian Windows and Linux builds and see how they did it.

Patrick
sjolit
Sentinel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Now that you say it, that's how it looks. They do have their part of the website at http://lt.openoffice.org/, but it's all in lithuanian (won't help you at all) and there's very little information there. I'm afraid as they don't deal with Macs, they won't be able to help me. Either I forget about it, or start from scratch somehow... Hmm...

Jolita

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
The problem is that the AppleLanguages key should not have language names but should only have ISO636 language codes like this:
Code:
(de, en, nl, fr, it, ja, es)

When the AppleLanguages key gets corrupted like this, Mac OS X sees "German" and, since this makes no sense, tells NeoOffice/J that the locale is "ge".
I've been having some difficulty parsing language preferences in an app of my own, and I discovered the following: The AppleLanguages key contained the English language names (i.e. "German") only prior to 10.2. So if a user has kept the same account through upgrades from 10.1 or 10.0, his key will not have the 2-letter codes. In other words, this is not corruption, but a relic of the 10.0/1 days.

I'm really tempted to not bother handling the old key style in my app, but it's up to you to decide what to do in Neo/J.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject:

I solved this problem several months ago by not using the AppleLanguages setting. Istead, Neo/J has a *.lproj directory for each supported language in its Contents/Resources directory and then I use the CoreFoundation functions to find which language the OS has matched.

This approach is much more reliable as the OS will map full language names (e.g "German") to their matching language code (e.g. "de").

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2