Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Save as switching from sxw to odt
Save as switching from sxw to odt

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
revsmitty
Keymaker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Save as switching from sxw to odt

I am having an issue when I attempted to save an older sxw document as an odt document.

The issue is that after it saves the document in the new format a 'Open File' window opens over the document that shows my user Library. If I click on the cancel button the window closes but then opens again. I have to click on it multiple times (5-7) before it will disappear. I will attach a screen shot of what I see.

It does not happen with every one of my older sxw formatted documents so I will attach one of the documents that does trigger the issue.

Specifically I am doing the following
Open .sxw file
Cmd + Shift + S to save as
Change file format from drop down menu to ODF Text
Click on Save

I have tried that with both the Secure Edition 2013 Beta 3 and the NeoOffice 2013 Beta that came out this week and have the same results.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject:

You are seeing the native Open dialogs because your document includes a link to a template file at the following path and, when saving, NeoOffice's underlying OpenOffice.org tries to read it:

Code:
../../../Library/NeoOfficeJ-1.1/user/template/Text.stw

Applications that use Apple's App Sandbox are not allowed to open any of the user's folders or files without explicit permission from the user. So, when NeoOffice 2013 tries to open one of the user's files, NeoOffice 2013 displays the native open dialog set to the file's folder. When you pressed the Cancel button, that file remains unreadable to NeoOffice and so every time the OpenOffice.org code tries to read the file, you will see the same dialog.

You could make the Open dialogs stop appearing by pressing the "OK" button, but since the purpose of this App Sandbox feature is to prevent applications from silently accessing files and folders that the user has not explicitly opened, I will look at the OpenOffice.org code and see if I can find out why the OpenOffice.org needs to access this linked template file 5 to 7 times every time you save.

Once I find out what the OpenOffice.org code is doing, I will post what I have found.

Patrick
revsmitty
Keymaker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject:

I am wondering if it is trying to access old paragraph formatting styles from the original Writer template that I created back then.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject:

revsmitty wrote:
I am wondering if it is trying to access old paragraph formatting styles from the original Writer template that I created back then.

Maybe. Does that .stw path still exist on your machine? I ask because I was only able to reproduce the behavior that you see when the "../../../Library" portion of the path exists.

Patrick
revsmitty
Keymaker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject:

The oldest form of NeoOffice I still have the path for is: ~/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice2.1/User/Template/NeoOffice.ott

I don't see anything in my User Library for NeoOfficeJ-1.1

And as you noted the only time the issue shows up is when I first try to convert and save the document after opening it in the old format.

And it doesn't happen for all of my old documents so it is not a big issue.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject:

revsmitty wrote:
And as you noted the only time the issue shows up is when I first try to convert and save the document after opening it in the old format.

I see it when I edit and save the .odt file created from your .sxw so it appears that the link to the template file is in the .odt file as well.

Since the template file does not exist for either of us, I would like to try suppress whatever is triggering the Open dialogs. I fixed some similar unnecessary Open dialog display in this topic so I am hopefully I can use the same type of file and folder existence checks to avoid displaying Open dialogs in this case.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject:

I think that I have fixed this bug so that the native Open dialog that you saw will only be displayed if the template file exists and you have not previously pressed the OK button in a previous native Open dialog for that file. Since the template file in your case does not exist, my fix should suppress all of the Open dialogs that you saw when saving your .sxw document.

Can you install the following NeoOffice 2013 Beta test patch and tell us if the bug is fixed for you?:

NeoOffice 2013 Beta:
http://juliette.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-2013_Beta-Test-5-Intel.dmg

Patrick
revsmitty
Keymaker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject:

I have run NeoOffice 2013 Beta Test 5 both with and without passwords and saving to and from both .sxw and .odt without any hangs. Looks good to me.

Thank you!
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject:

FYI. The fix for this bug is in NeoOffice 2013 Beta 2. To download NeoOffice 2013 Beta 2, use the download link in this NeoWiki article.

Please note that the NeoOffice 2013 Beta 2 installer should find and update your existing NeoOffice 2013 Beta installation. If you don't have NeoOffice 2013 Beta already installed, it will install in /Applications/NeoOffice.app and overwrite any regular NeoOffice installation there if you have not renamed it. So, if you have NeoOffice 3.3 installed, we recommend that you rename it before installing NeoOffice 2013 Beta 2.

NeoOffice Secure Edition testers: NeoOffice 2013 Beta 2 is incompatible with NeoOffice Secure Edition so if you have one of the NeoOffice Secure Edition versions installed, we recommend that you delete your NeoOffice Secure Edition user preference files by executing the following command in a Terminal window before installing NeoOffice 2013 Beta 2:

Quote:
rm -Rf ~/Library/Containers/org.neooffice.NeoOfficeSecureEdition/Data/Library/Preferences/NeoOfficeSecureEdition

Edit by pluby: added special steps for NeoOffice Secure Edition testers.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1