· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Open and Save dialog code changes
Open and Save dialog code changes

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Open and Save dialog code changes

While implementing the new open and save documents to iCloud feature for the upcoming NeoOffice 2014 release, I found that I had to reimplement our native Open and Save dialog code.

There is more than one set of Cocoa functions that display native Open and Save dialogs in Mac OS X but only one set will display the user's iCloud folder. NeoOffice, OpenOffice, and LibreOffice all use the non-iCloud set of functions so I reimplemented our code to use the iCloud compatible set of functions.

The following test patches use our new native Open and Save dialog code. If our code is working properly, you should see no change in behavior.

Important note: you will not see the iCloud folder in the test patches. This is because Apple only allows access to iCloud from applications that have been downloaded from their Mac App Store (I had to install sever files from our Apple developer account to be able to test my own iCloud code):

NeoOffice 3.4.1:
http://nick.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.4.1-Patch-0-Test-6-Intel.dmg

NeoOffice 2013.2:
http://nick.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-2013.2-Test-6-Intel.dmg

Patrick
amayze
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:28 am    Post subject:

I've installed NeoOffice 3.4.1 Patch 0 Test 6, and I don't think I see any changes in appearance or function. I'll be sure to mention if anything that does come up in the next few days.

Andy
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject:

FYI. I have included the open and save dialog changes in NeoOffice 3.4.1 Patch 1 which can be downloaded from the NeoOffice patch download page.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject:

FYI. I have included the open and save dialog changes in NeoOffice 2013.3 which is available in Apple's Mac App Store.

Patrick
amayze
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:27 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
FYI. I have included the open and save dialog changes in NeoOffice 2013.3 which is available in Apple's Mac App Store

Should iCloud now appear as an option in the Open/Save dialogues?

Andy
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:45 am    Post subject:

Unforunately, iCloud support is not in NeoOffice 2013.3. I ran into several hanging bugs when I tried to implement the file locking that iCloud requires. I do have some ideas for dealing with those bugs, but that will take more time to implement and I did not want to continue holding up the fix for the slow scrolling bug and other bugs for our Mac App Store users.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject:

Although implementing iCloud support in OS X 10.8 and 10.9 is not feasible, NeoOffice will be able to support iCloud Drive in OS X 10.10 Yosemite.

Important note for OS X Yosemite Beta users: there are currently some issues when opening and saving documents in iCloud Drive in NeoOffice. I am working on fixes for those issues and I will post when I have any fixes available for testing.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1