Inverted "Edited" in window header

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Lorinda wrote:
I don't have a way to fully reproduce the hang test case in 2014.5. Since the problem file won't save, I don't have a way to test it. The best I could do was test a much earlier version, which didn't create problems.

Were you opening the file from the Recovery dialog in NeoOffice 3.4.1? If so, can you check if there are any files in your ~/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-3.0/user/backup? If so, can you copy them to another folder and open them in NeoOffice 2014.5?

Lorinda wrote:
I'm guessing there's some corruption in that particular file. I've copied and pasted the data (without formatting) into a new ods file, and that saved just fine.

You may be right but the "Edited" titlebar text problems make me think that you have found some bugs in Yosemite's 32 bit font handling code. Basically, there are two separate sets of code in Yosemite for most every function that NeoOffice uses: 64 bit and 32 bit. When you are using NeoOffice 3.4.1, Yosemite uses its 32 bit code to draw window titlebars and handle fonts. In contrast, when using NeoOffice 2014.5, Yosemite is using its newer 64 bit code.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject:

amayze and Lorinda,

I addition to validating your fonts, can you see if there are any duplicate fonts on your machine? To find and disable duplicate fonts, open the /Applications/Font Book application, select the "All Fonts" item in the list on the left of the Font Book window, and then select the Edit :: Look for Enabled Duplicates menu.

After doing the above, do you see any change when using NeoOffice 3.4.1?

Patrick
amayze
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject:

I still haven't seen the upside down Edited appear again, however I did run the checks from Font book and found about 27 damaged fonts. I removed them all and re-installed the Apple ones using Pacifist and the Yosemite installer app.

I re-ran the checks and no further issues were found.

I'll keep looking out for it though.

Andy
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject:

So this happened again in Neo 3.4.1 on my other machine (Majel). Saving worked fine, but the Edited was inverted.

When i followed your instructions to look for enabled duplicates, I was told there weren't any, but I had a slew of errors-mostly duplicates, a few table errors, one kerning error. I removed all but one of the damaged fonts. I'll keep an eye on it and let you know if it happens again.

I'll try to look for the file from the last problem tomorrow, but I'm not on that machine right now.

Lorinda
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2