Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice 1.1 Beta - Patch 5
NeoOffice 1.1 Beta - Patch 5

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glenner
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: NeoOffice 1.1 Beta - Patch 5

I applied patch 5 today and I don't know whether this issue is related to this or not. When I want to open a document now, in the "Open" window files show suddenly the US date format, i.e. Month/Day/Year or am I missing something obvious here?

Thanks

Last edited by Glenner on Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject:

Here I have the usual DD/MM/YY.
A strange thing I see in this last patch is that when I use a non aqua window (like search window or similar), when I click OK or CANCEL to exit the window, the window dissappear, than appear again for a very short time, than disappear again. Only a cosmetic 'bug', no problem.
Instead tomorrow I print many pages using draw and I have no problem at all; the bugs I reported some weeks ago seems to be killed.

Good work pluby and ed.

f.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice 1.1 Beta - Patch 5

Glenner wrote:
I applied patch 5 today and I don't know whether this issue is related to this or not. When I want to open a document now, in the "Open" window files show suddenly the US date format, i.e. Month/Day/Year or am I missing something obvious here?

"Patch-5" doesn't have any changes regarding the date format. The date format at startup by your preferred language in the System Preferences application.

So, if you see U.S. date format, you probably have English as your preferred language or you have a language set that is not supported by Neo/J (Neo/J uses English as the default).

When I change my preferred language to Spanish or Italian and restart Neo/J, the date formats switch to European formats.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject:

Anonymous wrote:
Here I have the usual DD/MM/YY.
A strange thing I see in this last patch is that when I use a non aqua window (like search window or similar), when I click OK or CANCEL to exit the window, the window dissappear, than appear again for a very short time, than disappear again. Only a cosmetic 'bug', no problem.
Instead tomorrow I print many pages using draw and I have no problem at all; the bugs I reported some weeks ago seems to be killed.

This is Bugzilla bug 408 (http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/bug.php?op=show&bugid=408) which I fixed this morning.

Patrick
gavmac
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Hi there,
I can't apply patch 5, i get message :-
The following disk images failed to mount

Image:
NeoOfficeJ-1-1_Beta-Patch-5.dmg

Reason
no mountable file systems

Patch 4 prevously went on ok

iBook G4 3.7 with security update 2005-001 on

Havent tried any other dmg's yet, nothing to put on Smile
Gavin

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject:

gavmac wrote:
Hi there,
I can't apply patch 5, i get message :-
The following disk images failed to mount

Image:
NeoOfficeJ-1-1_Beta-Patch-5.dmg

Reason
no mountable file systems

The downloaded file is corrupted. Redownload it and verify that the *.dmg file is the same number of bytes as listed on the web page. I have found that Mac OS X web browsers will sometimes cut off in the middle of downloading without displaying any error.

Patrick
gavmac
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the very prompt response, you were totally correct, my previous download was 2Mb short!.

Now working fine, patch 5 on.

Thanks again

Gavin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:12 am    Post subject:

Where can we see a changelog of the patches? It would be interesting to know.

Thanks for the good work.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject:

Anonymous wrote:
Where can we see a changelog of the patches? It would be interesting to know.

The changes for each Neo/J Beta 1.1 patch were posted in the following forum topic:

http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=928&start=67&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Also, I send out the changes to the NeoJUpdate mailing list. You can subscribe to this list at http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/en/contact.php.

Patrick
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject:

We also have been tracking the changes in the wiki: http://neowiki.sixthcrusade.com/index.php/NeoJReleaseNotes

Smokey

Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice 1.1 Beta - Patch 5

Quote:
"Patch-5" doesn't have any changes regarding the date format. The date format at startup by your preferred language in the System Preferences application.

So, if you see U.S. date format, you probably have English as your preferred language or you have a language set that is not supported by Neo/J (Neo/J uses English as the default).

Thanks Patrick. I specifically specified "English - UK" now and that obviously worked as you say. However, before I just had "Default" specified in there and it would pick up the settings from the system preferences. That does not work now and I do not know what this is down to. Since nobody else has had this problem it must be unrelated to Patch 5.
fabrizio venerandi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:43 am    Post subject:

Only a short message to say that, after a week of intensive test with calc and write, this patch 5 is the more stable patch pluby ever released Wink

f.
Boukman
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Excellent work!

Just wanted to let you know that I feel just the same : patch 5 is the most stable NeoOffice I've yet to use. Not even 1 crash ever since I started using patch 5. Congratulations to the developers for the excellent work. You are definitely getting there!
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1