Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Installing dictionaries etc.
Installing dictionaries etc.

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Max_Barel
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:50 am    Post subject: Re: Installing dictionaries

SOB wrote:
In the long run this is good news, if it means the fault is not in Neo Office, and so I can continue to use---and advocate---it.

Well, there is still a suspicion that the branch of OOo used by Neoj does not include the full list of languages.
Irish is listed on this page as WIP (work in progress?) since 1.1.3. This is the codebase for NeoJ but configuration files may have slipped out the update?
Someone handy on the CVS to checkout theses files, listed here?
I tried with no success as I don't have the space to checkout the whole sources and don't know the tree to checkout only relevant files.

Max

Edit: I did check the CVS, eventually, and the "ga" "IE" language code IS there.

Edit 2 : After a more careful check I found that Gaelic Irish is listed in required files BUT two of them:
Code:
svx/source/dialog/langtab.sr
tools/source/rc/resmgr.cxx (in method  ResMgr::GetLang(...) and  ResMgr::SearchCreateResMgr(...))
This will prevent tne UI to offer the choice for this language and is probably the point.
I'll file an ehancement request in Bugzilla about this.

Edit 3: This is a lack of OOo sources not NeoJ so I'm unsure if Patrick want to correct it.

Last edited by Max_Barel on Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: Installing dictionaries

Max_Barel wrote:
SOB wrote:
In the long run this is good news, if it means the fault is not in Neo Office, and so I can continue to use---and advocate---it.

Well, there is still a suspicion that the branch of OOo used by Neoj does not include the full list of languages.
Irish is listed on this page as WIP (work in progress?) since 1.1.3. This is the codebase for NeoJ but configuration files may have slipped out the update?
Someone handy on the CVS to checkout theses files, listed here?
I tried with no success as I don't have the space to checkout the whole sources and don't know the tree to checkout only relevant files.

Max

Edit: I did check the CVS, eventually, and the "ga" "IE" language code IS there. So I'm stuck, the dictionnary files looks OK, so what?

By way of reducing possibilities, would it be useful to try temporarily adding dictionaries from another popular language as a test?

If this works, it would seem to validate Neoj and strongly suggest something is wrong with the Gaelic dictionary files themselves.

Glenn
Max_Barel
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: Installing dictionaries

Glenn wrote:
By way of reducing possibilities, would it be useful to try temporarily adding dictionaries from another popular language as a test?

I did it as a first check (used Romanian dictionary) with no problem.
See my edit of previous message for a possible cause to this behaviour.

Max
SOB
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Installing dictionaries

I've just heard from the creator of the Irish dictionary (Kevin J. Scannell of St Louis University), and he confirms that the problem is in Open Office. I don't understand the technical aspects, but I pass the information on to confirm what Max and others discovered, namely that "ga_IE" is not yet a registered locale; therefore Open Office does not recognise "ga" or "IE" in such lines as
DICT ga IE ga_IE

Kevin goes on to suggest a hack that I'll try when I get a chance, and which may also be of interest to others in a comparable situation, namely to enter
DICT fr FR ga_IE
HYPH fr FR hyph_ga_IE
and then choose "French" in Neo Office. (Presumably you would choose a different disguise if you really want French!)

Many thanks to all.
Max_Barel
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Installing dictionaries

SOB wrote:
Kevin goes on to suggest a hack that I'll try when I get a chance, and which may also be of interest to others in a comparable situation, namely to enter
DICT fr FR ga_IE
HYPH fr FR hyph_ga_IE
and then choose "French" in Neo Office. (Presumably you would choose a different disguise if you really want French!).

This workaround works, and I'm upset because it's so simple I'd have found it!
I used Galician, which not related to Gaelic beside the first two letters, and verified that the spelling is correctly checked and suggested, using Kevin J. Scannell's Gaelic page.
BTW the HYPH line is useless as you have no hyphenation file, only spell dictionary.
I'll post diffs to bugzilla to help solve this issue.
Max
Max_Barel
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Installing dictionaries

Max_Barel wrote:
I'll post diffs to bugzilla to help solve this issue.

While I was modifying the relevant files to add Gaelic, I realized that Galician has no more declaration in those files.
So the reason why the two get a different result must be elsewhere.

Confused
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2