Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - 10.3.8 Finder's "Hide All Extensions"
10.3.8 Finder's "Hide All Extensions"

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldie
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: 10.3.8 Finder's "Hide All Extensions"

I was poking around the Apple boards to see if there was some way to globally hide NeoJ extensions from my docs instead of having to do so on each get info, and found a discussion about how Quark files would sometimes pick up the mp3 extension instead of whatever it should be. I have "hide all extensions" checked in Preferences.

Anyway, the person answering the question wrote that for some reason Quark occasionally ignores the "hide all extensions" preference in the finder. In NeoJ's case, it's a constant.

Is there any way to fix this? I have a hunch this might have it's roots in open office, but maybe not. No harm in asking, anyway.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Well, the file dialogs in NeoJ itself probably will not obey any Finder preferences. They're also not aware of other things like creator codes for icons or bundles as files.

The files themselves created by either NeoJ or OOo, however, have nothing special done for them. They'll always have an extension; no type/creator code. If the system is misbehaving with them, I'd think that it's a problem with the OS and not OOo.

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1