· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - rock on
rock on

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiwi
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: rock on

Today I installed Neo/J on my clients iMac 800 Mhz G4 with 512 Mb RAM.

OK I understand now... It works, it is slow but not too much.

My question: what happens when I install it on a G5 with 1 Gb RAM? Cool Cool Cool

Rock on guys

Tony
schlesi
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Well, on a G5 with 1 GB RAM it will run faster Wink

I have a "Titanium" Powerbook G4/1 GHz with 1 GB RAM. The speed of NeoOffice/J is okay for me. If the only running apps are NeoOffice/J and the Activity Monitor I have less than 500MB free RAM.

If you put more RAM in your client's iMac, I think, it will perform better there, too.

Thomas

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject:

(Schlesi wrote:)

Quote:
I have a "Titanium" Powerbook G4/1 GHz with 1 GB RAM. The speed of NeoOffice/J is okay for me. If the only running apps are NeoOffice/J and the Activity Monitor I have less than 500MB free RAM.

?????? I have 512MB of RAM. With two Word documents open, the process monitor lists Neo/J as taking 2-5% of the CPU and 22% of real memory: 109MB. The program is as responsive as an Aqua app, although slightly slower than other programs to load in the first place.

Cheers, Phil

PS by selecting text and graphics and then unselecting them and moving to another area as fast as possible with the mouse, I could get the CPU useage to 83%. I couldn't move the mouse fast enough to max out the CPU! The program really is responsive.
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:37 am    Post subject:

i have an 800 g4 powermac and an 800 g3 ibook. 780-something in the desktop, 640 in the laptop. both seem to hand neo/j great. granted, i am more likely to have seven or eight programs open on the powermac...

but. i was doing actual work at home (i know, me doing work, you can image if you try REALLY hard) and had neo/j and word open. neo/j alpha never crashed once. word crashed six times on me.

score one for the good guys.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1