Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Copy formatting?
Copy formatting?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anna

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: character style

Quote:
Anna,
I'm not sure you'll ever read this... anyway:

You want to use character style in the Stylist. That does exactly what you want. Create a style from the current selection (even single char), then apply it somewhere else.

The problem with big apps is to find the way the programmer decided to implement a feature. You can't expect him to do it the way you wish, at all time.

Max

Aaaaah! Thank you! This is so convenient! Very Happy

And, of course, I agree, the issue is how to find out about the programmer's ideas, and, obviously, I didn't try hard enough. Embarassed Well, maybe I should install the help feature in my mother tongue... (but I am a bit scared of working with the terminal).

Anna
Max_Barel
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: character style

Anna wrote:
Well, maybe I should install the help feature in my mother tongue... (but I am a bit scared of working with the terminal).

Which pull again the topic of help file installation.
There have not been much feedback from my post on this subject in another thread.
Would this script improvement be useful?
If yes, it must be downloadable from some well exposed web page, so, it requires Patrick approval and some of its (or Ed's) time (I don't think the Wiki is browsed enough by newcomers).
?
Max
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: character style

Max_Barel wrote:
Anna wrote:
Well, maybe I should install the help feature in my mother tongue... (but I am a bit scared of working with the terminal).

Which pull again the topic of help file installation.
There have not been much feedback from my post on this subject in another thread.
Would this script improvement be useful?

I, too, thought of your script when seeing Anna's comment. But then I've already made my case as to why your script is useful Smile

Max_Barel wrote:
If yes, it must be downloadable from some well exposed web page, so, it requires Patrick approval and some of its (or Ed's) time (I don't think the Wiki is browsed enough by newcomers).

Jake has access to NeoOffice.org, too, but his time seems as cramped as Ed's, since the bad links there aren't fixed yet Very Happy

Regardless of where the script is physically hosted, I think it should be linked from http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/download.php#installhelp so Patrick's intervention would be required, too. (I'd also like to see a link to the wiki in the planamesa.com/neojava header, since I think most people's main/initial point of contact is there rather than neooffice.org....)

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2