Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Page break mark in Online Layout
Page break mark in Online Layout

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pedro
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Page break mark in Online Layout

Dear Users

I am notice an anoying absence when type writing my long documents.
There is no indications of page break when type writing in Online Layout even when non-visible characters is check in the EDIT menu.
I think this feature is very useful to control the layout of the document without turning to the Normal view which is more CPU intensive to accomplish. I wonder is a patch could be released with such feature in the future.

Thanks a lot and I look forward of users feedback

All the best
Pedro
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject:

This is a feature request that will need to be developed by the core OpenOffice.org developers.

Unfortunately, the current scope of the NeoOffice/J project is limited by resources to keeping a native version of OpenOffice.org running on Mac OS X and fixing OpenOffice.org feature bugs is outside that scope. See this thread on trinity for more details.

You can report the bug in the OpenOffice.org issue tracker to get it on the radar of the core OpenOffice.org developers; visit http://qa.openoffice.org/issue_handling/pre_submission.html to file the request.

Smokey

The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject:

It should also be pointed out that Online view is what it implies - an approximation of how the page will look if published online! In other words, the very existence of page breaks is not applicable as you can't break a page that is published online (it becomes a new page instead). So I am not surprised that page breaks don't show in the Online view.

What you are wanting is an equivalent to the "Normal" view available in Word - which is an OpenOffice.org issue and not a NeoOffice/J one. The use of the Online view in OOo/NeoOffice/J is a workaround to the absence of that particular feature and it obviously has a few limitations.

Please visit The Land Gallery at http://www.thelandgallery.com for nature-inspired British Fine Art
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1