1) I closed once the formula menu, and I cannot open it again
2) I cannot make subscript or superscript in formulas

Anybody can help me ?

mchevroulet at mac dot com.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject:

You can get back to the formula mode in Writer at least if you double-click on the inserted formula object. Another way to go would be to use the formula editor to make a standalone SO Math file that you can then import.

To subscript in a formula, use an underscore in the formula entry window.

To superscript in a formula, use a caret (^) in the formula entry window.

I use embedded formulas most all the time and haven't seen superscript or subscript problems myself.

If you look at the "User guide" topic at the top of this forum you should be able to find the StarOffice 7 user guide link. If you read up on the "StarOffice Math" section you should be able to find a good reference to all of the arcane syntax that is used when typing equations.

ed

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Or, you could try OOoLateX Equation, available here http://www.fyma.ucl.ac.be/wiki/~piroux/OOo+macro , onto which I stumbled just today (following a link on MacOSXHints, I think). I know nothing about it (yet), but notice that the screenshots clearly say "NeoOffice/J 1.1 Beta", which I think is a good sign! Smile

-- Gerrit.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Schizer! I had never seen that one b4! That was one of the things I had always wanted to do but never had time.

We should include that with the standard Neo distro. Physicists will be jumping up and down!!

ed <--- a "physicist" in a former life...
sewsan
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:12 am    Post subject:

Hello !!

I'm pleased to see that OOoLatexEquation interests people Smile
I started this project a month ago by a post on the OOo forum but without great success... Very few responses Sad
Nevertheless, I continued the development following my needs... And two days ago, I posted the project on freshmeat...

Try it, and do not hesitate to give feedback...

sewsan, alias geoffr...

PS : This project was entirely developed on NeoOffice Wink
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject:

sewsan wrote:
I'm pleased to see that OOoLatexEquation interests people Smile I started this project a month ago by a post on the OOo forum but without great success... Very few responses Sad
Nevertheless, I continued the development following my needs... And two days ago, I posted the project on freshmeat...

PS : This project was entirely developed on NeoOffice Wink

Well, many things were not considered good ideas when they were first put forward: evolution, quantum physics, equal rights, to name but a few. And I don't usually read the OOo forums.

And Patrick and Ed know they've made it far, now that other people are using Neo/J as a development platform Smile.

But you should submit this to openoffice.org as well. There's bound to be someone who has great need for it on linux or solaris as well.

- Oscar (who has an MSc. in chemistry and has been in formula hell.)

jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject:

then there were things like new coke, windows ME and wings on Hondas that were just never a bad idea.

but this rocks.

-j, rocket scientist
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject:

sewsan wrote:
I started this project a month ago by a post on the OOo forum but without great success... Very few responses Sad

That's kind of sad that you didn't get good responses. I know personally that this is a phenomenal advancement and should be included by default and will hopefully have time to figure out what extra config needs to be added.

The reasons for this are both personal as well as practical...the adoption of OOo/NeoJ by several large research institutions has been hampered by two fundamental problems: the spreadsheet row limit (going away in OOo 2.0) and the garbage equation editor (which, until now, has had no solution).

Regardless of the lack of feedback you may have gotten, this is a critical tool for improving the adoption of OOo/NeoJ for science. Thank you for taking the time to do this work!

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject:

jakeOSX wrote:
then there were things like new coke, windows ME and wings on Hondas that were just never a bad idea.

Don't forget those Cadillac fins:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=cadillac+fins

Those things are primed to make a comeback. I can just feel it.

ed <--- whose own car has lots of similar advancements
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1