Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - comma (,) and dot (.) problems in Calc formulas
comma (,) and dot (.) problems in Calc formulas

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bezvardis
Keymaker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: comma (,) and dot (.) problems in Calc formulas

Just noticed a very strange behaviour of Calc (which I did not notice the last time I used it a couple of weeks ago). When I enter formula with dot to separate decimals e.g. =2.5+2.5 Calc transformates the numbers to some other large non-decimal ones. So the result of the above is 76948. The formula works fine though when I use comma g.g =2,5+2,5 as is the standard in Latvian. I guess NeoOffice somehow interacts with my International settings, but still the interaction is strange since the results never show up with comma. E.g. =2,5+1 would give result 3.5 (with dot). But =1.0 returns as 36526. =10.0 returns as 36800 but =100.0 is not accepted as formula at all, i.e., I get #NAME?

Has anybody had similar problem and can explain what it is about? I was trying to find if there is anything in Options that I had accidentally changed but could not find.
fabrizio venerandi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject:

Using your formulas I got different results; for example
=100.0
gives me as results:
=4,16666666666667

try looking in cell format if there is some strange language choosen.

f.
bezvardis
Keymaker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject:

There are no strange formats in cell settings. But it must be some kind of strange interaction with language settings. My default language is Latvian. But in the spreadsheet that I was talking about the language is set to English US.

another thing is that it calculates ok when I have decimals with 'dot' in two different cells and result formula in the third. However, if you put them in one, the results get weird.
bezvardis
Keymaker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject:

I checked some other languages that also use comma for decimal numbers, e.g., Lithuanian and German and they work fine. Of course there is no Latvian localisation of NeoOffice, but that should not mean the numbers also should not work fine, right? I guess that is a bug...
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1