Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Why doesn't Autopilot convert Word Mac documents?
Why doesn't Autopilot convert Word Mac documents?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nagero
Red Pill

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Why doesn't Autopilot convert Word Mac documents?

When I find the path to a Microsoft Word 2004 folder containing Word 2004 documents and ask AutoPilot to convert, AutoPilot first of all fails to show the individual files in the folder, and then, when I click "convert" the Autopilot window advises it is converting 0 (zero) relevant files and, of course, nothing is converted.

Am I doing something wrong or does AutoPilot only convert Word 97/2000 files?

Assuming I could get Autopilot to open the files will Stylist take over the Word style sheets so that I can use them? Confused
Luke
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Hi,
To eliminate simple things first: do your Word docs have a .doc filename extension? The OpenOffice code on which Neo is built does not understand Mac file types, only unix/PC style extensions.

Luke
nagero
Red Pill

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject:

Luke: You have done this Neooffice neophyte a great favor. By adding .doc to a 366-page Word 2004 on your advice, Autopilot opened that document like a dream. Many thanks.
Can I ask a further question? I note that same-name styles convert in the Stylist to the original 2004 format; but those with different names do not appear in the Stylist, and show up instead in the object bar. How does one get these transferred to the Stylist window?
Again, you have been most helpful.
Luke
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Hi,

Quote:
a 366-page Word 2004 on your advice, Autopilot opened that document like a dream. Many thanks.

Glad it worked, but don't thank me - Neo represents thousands of hours of unpaid work by our developers, pluby (Patrick) and OPENSTEP (Ed). If you're feeling grateful and have a few $ to spare, go to the donations page.

Unfortunately, I can't answer your styles question - most of the word files I deal with are reports for work - title in 14 pt Arial bold, everything else 12 pt Times New Roman. Doesn't really stretch the Stylist much.

Luke
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject:

Note that for Office v.X/2004 documents, you'll need to have an extension on them for the various tools within the NeoJ environment to give them the right type. This is a Unix app that's not familiar with Mac type/creator codes. The only time that the Mac type/creator codes are directly supported is for dragging & dropping documents onto the application icon in the Finder. That's only because the Finder is doing the type/creator lookup, not NeoJ.

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1