· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - problem printing with a hp laserjet 5000
problem printing with a hp laserjet 5000

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fabrizio venerandi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: problem printing with a hp laserjet 5000

I don't know if this is a neooffice problem or a driver problem:
I have a macintosh running neooffice, and I print with a hp laserjet 5000 connected to a windows xp. If I print write or calc pages, I have no problem.
Yesterday I try to print a draw file, and nothing is coming out from the hp laserjet 5000. I try to print the same file using a hp 1010 connected to another windows machine, and it works. I try to print the same file from openoffice connected directly to the laserjet 5000 and it works. I made a PDF using preview from neooffice, tried to print it and it does not work. I try to make a pdf file using neooffice, tried to print it, and it works.
I really do not understand why neooffice could not print the draw file, and the pdf generated by neooffice is printable...

Someone could help me?

f.
Max_Barel
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:20 am    Post subject:

As you may already have noticed there are TWO pdf generation tools from NeoJ. One is from OOo, with the PDF button, this one works for you. The other is the Java/carbon/pdf_libs machinery. This one does not work for you. The two generated files ares differents. There are several columns on this forum where we posted observations on theses differences.
In my own usage I choose one method ore the other, depending on the file content.
Why the second does not print? Probably there is a bit of Postscript which is not compatible with your printer.
Is this a true bug or simply a Postscript level (2, 3...) issue? Don't know.
Is the bug (or flaw) in NeoJ or in your HP 5000 (my guess)?
If this file is not private nor too big you could add it to a bug report with a low level of priority.

Max
fabrizio venerandi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:06 am    Post subject:

Max_Barel wrote:

Why the second does not print? Probably there is a bit of Postscript which is not compatible with your printer.
Is this a true bug or simply a Postscript level (2, 3...) issue? Don't know.
Is the bug (or flaw) in NeoJ or in your HP 5000 (my guess)?
If this file is not private nor too big you could add it to a bug report with a low level of priority.
Max

I ask to my printer to show me the ps error, so now I got an ERROR: undefinited, OFFENDING COMMAND: JH16$

So it is weird: printing the document from neooffice I got the error. Printing from the pdf generated by neooffice I do not got it... Printing the same document from neooffice to another hp printer (1010) it works.
I tried to change the driver, using the osx hp 5000, the osx hp 5000 cups, the osx hp 5000 hpijs, the generic ps and the generic pcl... everytime I got the same error.

I really do not know if pluby could try the file without the hp 5000, but I think it is too expensive for me to ship it to california.

So, I think I'm in a blind little way.

f.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:13 am    Post subject:

From the error message, this is a incompatibility between Mac OS X's PDF drawing functions and your HP printer driver. The first thing to check is if HP or Apple has released any updates to the printer driver. Clearly, the HP printer driver cannot handle some of the PostScript commands that Mac OS X's PDF drawing functions are sending to the printer driver.

Patrick
fabrizio venerandi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject:

Thank you for the answer. No, there is not any new driver from hp for this printer. But there are the cups driver and the hpijs driver. I tried too the generic postscript and the generic pcl5 and pcl6 driver.
It sound weird to me that all the six driver for hp 5000 I tried do not work. Could all the drivers be incompatible with osx pdf?
I have to add 2 information: 1- I have this problem only with that draw document (other draw documents works fine); 2-printing the same file using osx x11 openoffice, it works (!).

Thank you for your patience.

f.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1