NeoOffice :: View topic - New NeoOffice/J 1.1 RC patch available
New NeoOffice/J 1.1 RC patch available

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject:

In other words, "if you do something unsupported, Neo/J might not throw errors any more and actually let you save...but you're still doing something unsupported" Smile

Thanks for the clarification. I'll leave the wiki article as-is.

Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject:

I have just released NeoOffice/J 1.1 Release Candidate "Patch-3". "Patch-3" includes the following bug fixes:

- Right-to-left text - Neo/J did not handle intermixed right-to-left and left-to-right text. This bug has been fixed.
- Random crashing - A memory leak in Neo/J that was causing random crashing after using Neo/J for long periods. This bug has been fixed.

You can download "Patch-3" from the following URL:

http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/patch.php

Please post any bugs that you find in Bugzilla at http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/.

Patrick
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
I have just released NeoOffice/J 1.1 Release Candidate "Patch-3". "Patch-3" includes the following bug fixes:

- Right-to-left text - Neo/J did not handle intermixed right-to-left and left-to-right text. This bug has been fixed.
- Random crashing - A memory leak in Neo/J that was causing random crashing after using Neo/J for long periods. This bug has been fixed.

You can download "Patch-3" from the following URL:

Please post any bugs that you find in Bugzilla at http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/.

Patrick

Thanks Patrick. It is also on the Torrent. I've got it and I've found no problems, yet.

Now for that well deserved break. I have to find the latest sources and to see what I can do to help in the construction of NeoOffice/J.

James
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:12 am    Post subject:

I have just released NeoOffice/J 1.1 Release Candidate "Patch-4".
"Patch-4" includes the following bug fixes:

- Installation of Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" - Some users have found that installing Tiger on their machine causes the "tar" command to be deleted. Without this command, both the Neo/J patch installer and Neo/J itself would not work correctly. This problem has been fixed by making Neo/J no longer use the tar command.
- Document list in the "Window" menu - Under certain circumstances, selecting a document in the Window menu would not work properly. This bug has been fixed.
- Transparent 3D images - When Neo/J's OpenGL support is turned on, transparent 3D images would not be drawn correctly. This bug has been fixed.

Also included in this patch is the NeoLight Spotlight plugin. NeoLight is a metadata importer for NeoOffice/J and OpenOffice.org 1.x formatted documents. It allows for searching and indexing of these documents based upon standard OpenOffice.org metadata and textual content, allowing for Neo/J and OpenOffice.org to be integrated directly with the Mac OS X 10.4 Spotlight environment. When you install "Patch-4" on Tiger, the NeoLight Spotlight plugin will automatically be installed and activated.

You can download "Patch-4" from the following URL:

Please post any bugs that you find in Bugzilla at http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/ or post any questions in one of the NeoOffice/J or NeoLight forums.

Patrick
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
I have just released NeoOffice/J 1.1 Release Candidate "Patch-4".
"Patch-4" includes the following bug fixes:

- Installation of Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" - Some users have found that installing Tiger on their machine causes the "tar" command to be deleted. Without this command, both the Neo/J patch installer and Neo/J itself would not work correctly. This problem has been fixed by making Neo/J no longer use the tar command.

I upgraded to Tiger from Panther and tar is alive and well. This may be a random occurrance but better to be safe and remove this dependency.

James
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject:

I have just released NeoOffice/J 1.1 Release Candidate "Patch-5". The big change in "Patch-5" is that closing the last Neo/J document will no longer display an empty window. With this patch, Neo/J will stay running with an empty menubar after closing the last document.

After closing the last document, you can open a document without having to relaunch Neo/J by opening a file from the Finder or by selecting one of the following localized menu items in the "NeoOffice/J" menu:

- Text Document
- Spreadsheet
- Presentation
- Drawing
- Formula
- From Template
- Open Document

In addition, "Patch-5" includes the following bug fixes:

- Hyphenation between ligatures - When a word was hyphenated between the letters of a ligature, the ligature would be superimposed over the hyphen and a space would be left at the beginning of the next line. This bug has been fixed.
- Java 1.5 on Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger - For some users, installation of Java 1.5 would cause Neo/J to not be able to load Java 1.3.1 and Neo/J would crash. This bug has been fixed.
- Crashes after displaying native print dialogs - In certain cases, Neo/J would crash after displaying the native "Print" or "Page Setup" dialog. This bug has been fixed.

You can download "Patch-5" from the following URL:

Please post any bugs that you find in Bugzilla at http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/ or post any questions in one of the NeoOffice/J forums.

Patrick
Alex
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject:

Patrick,

When opening NeoOffice/J you can press Command-W or choose Close from the menu bar and the default window will close leaving a blank window. Closing this one gives the Menu Bar alone. On the other hand, opening NeoOffice/J and closing the open window by clicking the red close button from the window doesn't give a blank window but immediately the Menu Bar alone.

Is this behaviour intended?

Best regards,
Alex
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject:

The behavior was left over from old hacks to keep Neo/J from quitting on cmd-w (two different codepaths in OOo, one for the red globe and one for cmd-w!), but Patrick has already fixed it: bug 799 Smile Exclamation

Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject:

Yesterday, I released NeoOffice/J 1.1 Release Candidate "Patch-5". Unfortunately, the fix for the "crashes after displaying native print dialogs" bug can cause scaling to change between pages when a document is printed.

This bug was reported and fixed this morning so I have released NeoOffice/J 1.1 Release Candidate "Patch-6" with the fix. "Patch-6" also includes the fix for bug 799.

If you downloaded "Patch-5", I recommend that you download and install "Patch-6" so that your documents will print correctly.

Patrick
JCG

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject:

That would explain why my document didn't print out correctly.

But I am wondering why NeoOfficeJ didn't prompt me to download Patch 6 when I opened the app this morning, as has occurred when previous patches were released?
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject:

JCG wrote:
But I am wondering why NeoOfficeJ didn't prompt me to download Patch 6 when I opened the app this morning, as has occurred when previous patches were released?

So as to not annoy people Smile, the patch check only runs once a week (or there about). Since patches are generally released a week to two weeks apart, that system works fine. Occasionally there's a situation where a patch inadvertantly introduces a bug that significantly impairs major Neo/J functionality (like Printing) and a new patch is released as soon as Patrick can fix the problem, and in these situations the patch check interval doesn't work so well Sad

Smokey

The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject:

The patch check was throttled back from user requests, particularly those off of dial-up or intermittently connected machines. Normally it's not bad and probably will be getting better as well as Patrick has things stabilizing quite nicely Smile

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
The patch check was throttled back from user requests, particularly those off of dial-up or intermittently connected machines. Normally it's not bad and probably will be getting better as well as Patrick has things stabilizing quite nicely Smile

ed

You mean the other way around, right? Patch Check does "nothing" if you're not connected...it fires off curl and fails gracefully. At least that's how I remember its behavior when it debuted, and it was the always-online folks (and the general "no hidden processes" folks) complaining Smile

Smokey

P.S. Patrick, Ed, Dan: those emails I sent y'all this weekend should have had a "Have a happy Memorial Day weekend Smile" line in them (the perils of emailing while tired). I was working, but I expected Ed to be out hiking, and so forth Wink

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
JCG wrote:

So as to not annoy people Smile, the patch check only runs once a week (or there about). Since patches are generally released a week to two weeks apart, that system works fine. Occasionally there's a situation where a patch inadvertantly introduces a bug that significantly impairs major Neo/J functionality (like Printing) and a new patch is released as soon as Patrick can fix the problem, and in these situations the patch check interval doesn't work so well Sad

Smokey

Ah, that makes sense.

Guess in cases like this, it pays to check the forum. Smile
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject:

You can also sign up for the Neo/J Update mailing list (see http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/contact.php for details); Patrick always posts a message to that list after a patch is released and includes some details of what's changed.

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4