NeoOffice :: View topic - New NeoOffice/J 1.1 RC patch available
New NeoOffice/J 1.1 RC patch available

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCG

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Thanks. I'll do that.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: testing patch 6

Just to let you know - I've been using Neo with patch 6 as my routine office working app since the patch was released. I can't find a bug so far using native and M$ format files in the word processor and the spreadsheet. Everything that's been switched to Apple behaviour behaves as Apple Apps should, and everything else is OOo 1.1.x, indistinguishable from my W32 box at work. I should be getting Tiger next week - so I'll have a direct comparison between two of the operating environments (currently Jaguar).

Cheers, Phil

PS also noticed "currently, 27 guests and 1 members that are online" This always used to be a much lower figure except during new releases. It's been building steadily and will probably continue to build. Maybe the donations here and at Patrick's page should be aimed at bigger servers and more bandwidth?
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: testing patch 6

Anonymous wrote:
Just to let you know - I've been using Neo with patch 6 as my routine office working app since the patch was released. I can't find a bug so far using native and M$ format files in the word processor and the spreadsheet. Everything that's been switched to Apple behaviour behaves as Apple Apps should, and everything else is OOo 1.1.x, indistinguishable from my W32 box at work. I should be getting Tiger next week - so I'll have a direct comparison between two of the operating environments (currently Jaguar).

Cheers, Phil

Phil, can we use your comment as part of our "user testimonials" section in the Neo/J Press Kit for the 1.1 release?

Anonymous wrote:
PS also noticed "currently, 27 guests and 1 members that are online" This always used to be a much lower figure except during new releases. It's been building steadily and will probably continue to build. Maybe the donations here and at Patrick's page should be aimed at bigger servers and more bandwidth?

It's summer and all the kiddies are out to play... Unless we've been slashdotted.... I haven't noticed any delay/problems though, other than the spammer at the wiki yesterday and the one here this morning. I've not seen official statistics, but I'm pretty sure the greater part of the donations do currently go to offset the massive bandwidth costs of distributing Neo/J....

Smokey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject:

"Phil, can we use your comment as part of our "user testimonials" section in the Neo/J Press Kit for the 1.1 release?"

No problem.

Cheers, Phil
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Anonymous wrote:
"Phil, can we use your comment as part of our "user testimonials" section in the Neo/J Press Kit for the 1.1 release?"

No problem.

Cheers, Phil

Thanks!

Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject:

I have just released NeoOffice/J 1.1 Release Candidate "Patch-7". In addition to fixes for a few minor bugs, this patch includes the following new features:

- "Quickstart" menu items now in Dock - In "Patch-5", the ability to close all Neo/J windows was added. That patch added several new menu items to the "NeoOffice/J" menu. In this patch, these new menu items are also available in Neo/J's Dock icon menu.

- Arabic kashida justification - Previously, Neo/J did not add kashidas in full-justified Arabic text and, instead, Neo/J would just widen the spaces between words. In this patch, kashidas are inserted between the appropriate characters and the spaces between words are not widened.

You can download "Patch-7" from the following URL:

http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/patch.php

Please post any bugs that you find in Bugzilla at http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject:

I have just released NeoOffice/J 1.1 Release Candidate "Patch-8". I am planning on releasing the NeoOffice/J 1.1 final release on June 22 so this patch will be the last patch for this release.

By installing this patch, you will not need to download and install the upcoming NeoOffice/J 1.1 final release as this patch contains all of the functionality that will be included in the final release.

Since this is the last patch for this release, the big change in this patch is that automatic patch checking is turned off by default. I turned it off because now that Neo/J is reasonably stable, Ed and I will be focussing most of our development efforts on implementing Aqua widgets and dialogs so patches will be released much less frequently than in the past.

You can download "Patch-8" from the following URL:

http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/patch.php

Please post any bugs that you find in Bugzilla at http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/.

Patrick
H'ik

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject:

Any chance on getting some recent files in the quickstart menu? I use the recent files menu very often at the moment, because it circumvents the need for the open-dialog.

I do also think a little more ordering would do good to the quickstart menu. Right now, it just looks like bunch of functions is just dropped there.

Maybe a line between the new files an the other items (or a New File > submenu) could bring some order, to make a difference between the 5 new... and the 2 open... items (to which i would really like to see a recent items menu).

So it would be something like this:

About NeoJ
--------------
Create a new Text doc
spreadsheet
presentation
etc...
---------------
Open file
Open from stationery
Open recent > 01 Bla
02 More bLa etc...
----------------
Preferences
etc...

And the same for he Dock.

Maybe i am posting this in the wrong place, but still i hope you will look into it before NeoJ goes final.

greetings,

Hendrik

(Oh, l and as i am using NeoJ in Dutch, i have made up some english translations for the menu items, but i guess you know what they mean.)
val1984
Oracle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Rays proposed a nice solution :
http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=9440#9440
H'ik

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject:

In the other topic i made clear that using the general recent documents menu is not an option for me, an probably for many other wo work with many (non-NeoJ) documents.
val1984
Oracle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject:

But as of now it is the only option and I think Patrick or someone else won't be able to implement what you want as of now if it is possible...
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4