· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Thanxs
Thanxs

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoLight Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
falk

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Thanxs

Thanxs.

I thought that some general purpose ZIP spotlight plugin would exist and that I only may need to map sxw to zip etc. No success.

But then ..., I discovered NeoLight. Built right for NeoOffice. It worked for me out of the box (I installed prior to modifying Info.plist since I did not expect those add. steps. - it still worked fine).

Great work, thanxs. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject:

The following appeared to be necessary for me:

Quote:
Note:You may have to repeat the above command for every user which does exist at this moment in time and who may ever create NeoOffice documents. It is not necessary to grant those users adminstrator priveleges. Just repeat the command when logged in as this user.

I added this to wiki.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Hmm...the installer should be placing the plugin in the /Library/Spotlight directory now. This should expose the plugin for all user accounts on the machine. I just got Tiger retail installed myself so can do some investigation now. The initial installer was futzed up because the install locations changed between the prerelease version I was developing on and 10.4 final.

ed

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
Hmm...the installer should be placing the plugin in the /Library/Spotlight directory now. This should expose the plugin for all user accounts on the machine.

Hi, this wasn't the problem. The directory used is /Library/Spotlight indeed. However, I got this garbage output like "dyn.a3f42morehexgarbageinherefoo" from the -d3 option until I ran this command for each individual user. Without this step, Spotlight did not find the matches.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Aha...OK, sorry, I read the wrong part of the page then. I was under the impression that the LaunchServices rebuild would force LS to nix the databse for each user with the "-domain user" flag. Perhaps this is something to do with permissions?

We may need to add in an "sudo" to the command. When I was running it I was always in a "sudo csh" spawned shell. I unfortunatley don't have anything but test multiuser installations as I'm single so can miss these crucial points easily Wink

ed
Glenner
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Perfect

The plug-in works perfectly. As an aside, I note that NeoLight works slightly differently (better). If I save a document in .doc format (with N/J) the MS Spotlight plug-in fails to pick up the "Subject" information of that document while NeoLight picks it up in .sxw format.[/list]
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject:

IIRC, the .doc plugin actually comes from Apple, not MS, so you may want to pass along that info in the apple bugreporter Wink

Interestingly, Apple also ships a Pages importer by default with each 10.4 install. I wonder what it would take to get them to include third-party Spotlight plugins to make the OS a bit more "multilingual" with respect to non-Apple/MS document formats out of the box.

ed
Falk

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: RC4

Hi,

I am happy with NeoLight.
Now, that it is included in NeoOffice RC4, how do/should I deinstall it prior to installation of RC4?

-falk
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject:

To uninstall the older one, just drag the /Library/Spotlight/neolight.mdimporter bundle to the Trash. The next time that you launch Neo/J LaunchServices should re-index things and point to the plugin living in the application bundle as opposed to the /Library/Spotlight directory.

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoLight Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1