Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - FIX: Installing Patch-0 on Neo/J from MacWorld/Macformat CDs
FIX: Installing Patch-0 on Neo/J from MacWorld/Macformat CDs

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: FIX: Installing Patch-0 on Neo/J from MacWorld/Macformat CDs

We've only seen one report of this so far bug 880, but since it's a bizarre hang-up that could potentially affect many others, I'm posting the solution here.

The July 2005 MacWorld UK CD shipped with NeoOffice/J 1.1 Release Candidate (full build) from March. It has the patch update check enabled (because between March and June we issued 8 patches for 1.1 RC), so on the first launch it will tell you Patch-0 is available.

The August 2005 Macfomat UK CD also shipped with Neo/J 1.1 Release Candidate.

Patch-0 will not install on an unpatched Neo/J 1.1 RC; Patch-0 requires either NeoOffice/J 1.1 (full install) *or* NeoOffice/J 1.1 Release Candidate *with* Release Candidate Patch-8. So to install Patch-0 on 1.1 RC, you need RC Patch-8 first.

RC Patch-8 is available again, temporarily, from NeoOffice community member yoxi, in the URL in this post, so for those without fast/unlimited internet*, you can download Patch-8 to update your 1.1 RC install and then download Patch-0.

(Patches are removed from planamesa.com servers after the next patch or version is released; Patrick doesn't have the bandwidth/storage to keep old patches up indefinitely, and typically successive patches include all the fixes of the previous patches or don't apply to earlier versions at all because we've moved OOo codebases.)

* If you do have fast/unlimited internet, you can simply download the full 1.1 build as Patrick mentions below Smile and then apply Patch-0.

Smokey

edited to point to patch-8's reappearance at planamesa.com
made topic a sticky for the time being
edited to point to yoxi's post for patch-8
1.2 Alpha is out, so hopefully magazines will start shipping 1.1 final Smile No longer a sticky topic

Last edited by sardisson on Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:56 am; edited 5 times in total
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject:

You forgot one other option: download Neo/J 1.1 from http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/download.php

Patrick
zo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Installing Patch-0 on Neo/J installed from MacWorld CD

I have a NeoOffice installed from a Macformat UK mag coverdisc (Aug2005) and I seem to be having the same problem that was mention with the one in MacWorld.I followed the link/URL for the RC Patch-8 but i guess it have been removed.Is there any way other to download the patch other than downloading the whole Office? thank you
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject:

If you need the old patch-8 I suspect I still have it lying around on CD.

FWIW we're getting ready to do another alpha release built off of OOo 1.1.5 (Neo 1.2). It won't be possible to move from the MacWorld UK CD distro to 1.2 without d/ling the full installer. If you're under some type of bandwidth constraints you may want to wait.

ed
zo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Installing Patch-0 on Neo/J installed from MacWorld CD

Guess I will have to wait a bit and download the full installation.Thanks you
Jay

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Patch-8

It does appear that Patch-8 is truly non-existent at this point in time. If somebody has posted it in a public place, or can do so now, I'd love to be able to access it. Thanks.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Unfortunately, I no longer have it (I only save patches until a new build with their functionality is released; I had Patch-8 for a while because of this issue but then let it go), and the torrent for the patch no longer exists, either Sad

It's a real shame the recent (post-June) magazines did not use Neo/J 1.1 on their CDs instead of the old Neo/J 1.1 RC Sad

Smokey

Cipher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject:

If the patch you're after is the one called NeoOfficeJ-1.1_Release_Candidate-Patch-8.dmg then I've posted it here (4.69 Mb) - I was lucky enough to find it on an old backup.

If you have somewhere a bit more permanent to host it, I'd be grateful - don't know what my bandwidth limit is - but meanwhile, d/l at will.

- yoxi
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:32 am    Post subject:

yoxi wrote:
If the patch you're after is the one called NeoOfficeJ-1.1_Release_Candidate-Patch-8.dmg

If you have somewhere a bit more permanent to host it, I'd be grateful - don't know what my bandwidth limit is - but meanwhile, d/l at will.

Yoxi, that is indeed the one. I'd mirror it, but unfortunately I gave up my .Mac account and I've already maxed out my other accounts this month with the screenshots (most visited page in the wiki!) Sad

Hopefully the demand is fairly light (these two chaps)--and also we'll soon have a 1.2 Alpha build out that will require a new full download.

Smokey

Cipher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject:

Fine with me...

- yoxi
JKT
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject:

I've synched it to my iDisk so it's available here too.

Please visit The Land Gallery at http://www.thelandgallery.com for nature-inspired British Fine Art
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:48 am    Post subject:

I have also posted a copy of NeoOfficeJ 1.1 RC Patch 8 here:

http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/downloads/patches/NeoOfficeJ-1.1_Release_Candidate-Patch-8.dmg

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1