Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - keyboard shortcuts
keyboard shortcuts

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emm2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: keyboard shortcuts

first, thanks for neooffice. i'm new to neooffice and to the mac environment. what i want to do is create a scriptwriting template that contains a number of unique styles that can then be accessed via keyboard shortcuts.
eg character name accessed via apple key +n
dialogue style accessed via apple key + d
i can create the styles, but then i can't seem to find them to apply a keyboard short cut to them. any assistance gratefully received.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject:

(Moving this into the Support forum since it's a support question with a release version...)

I don't have the answer, but there are a couple of people here who should know...fabrizio, yoxi, perhaps others. I think yoxi provided this info in a hint for Glenner about setting languages recently, but I can't find the post right now....

Edit: It's here, but I don't think it does exactly what you want. You should be able to adapt it, though....

Update: I think that this feature has been included in OOo 2.0, but there's a lot of noise in the bugs requesting it, so it's hard to tell. Apparently it's also hard to find wherever they put whatever part of "keystrokes for styles" they decided to implement. I'll try and have a look later.

In the meanwhile, apparently a very generic macro for doing this exists among Andrew Brown's macros.

Hope this helps.

Smokey

Oracle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject:

If I understand correctly, your problem is how to create the appropriate keyboard shortcuts for the styles and macros you have written (?). I cannot help you with this (yoxi had to show me how to create shortcuts for the language macros) but if you cannot find a hint on the NeoWiki site there is another site for OpenOffice which may give you an answer (http://documentation.openoffice.org/).
Emm2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:10 am    Post subject: Keyboard shortcuts

Thanks - i can do it using the macro approach, my preference was to directly associate the keyboard shortcut with the style rather than create a macro to open the style then associate a keyboard shortcut with the macro. still it works ok - the only problem i came up with is when a keyboard shortcut in writer crosses paths with a neooffice keyboard shortcut in which case neooffice seems to override.
eg. apple key plus a to access the action style is overridden by the I presume, Neooffice allocation of those keys to select all.
anyway now i have keyboard shortcuts so thank.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1