Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Does Quark work with Open Office?
Does Quark work with Open Office?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rikarto
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Does Quark work with Open Office?

After buying an iMac G5 and decent printer, I'm stuck with OS 9 Photoshops 3 and Elements, and Quark XPress 4, plus OS 10 Elements. Can I use this program to insert data from the above software? I need to self-publish a book, in color. Is iPhoto sufficient for keeping track of 100s of photos? Any advice is appreciated. Rolling Eyes
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject:

oooh...are you hoping to import Quark documents into OpenOffice/Neo* or reverse? If you're trying to integrate either NeoOffice or OpenOffice.org into a Quark workflow your best bet will be to use the Word export facilities in Quark. There are unfortunately no OpenOffice.org/OpenDocument import filters available for Quark, so Word is your best intermediate format. Same goes for InDesign.

ed
Paraplegic_Racehorse
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject:

If you can't afford to upgrade Quark to an OS X compatible version, and you want to integrate OOo into a layout workflow (wherein you import OOo docs into your layout app - not the other way round), have a look at the Scribus project.

http://www.scribus.net/

There's also a native Aqua port in progress: http://aqua.scribus.net/ but this is still very Alpha.

Scribus imports OOo docs really well and even preserves the style definitions! You'll love it.

RoyFocker
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject:

If you copy the text into a word document, doesn't work well. Only if you save the document on a word format this "place" works in InDesign (4.0)

We can save an opendocument in a InCopy format?

NB: Excuse my english... Embarassed Creería que es mejor en español para explicarme. Lo intentaré por si alguien aquí domina la lengua de Cervantes. He intentado copiar texto desde un documento de openwriter en word y no me funciona bien, extrañamente cambia la visión del documento de "página" a "normal" y se ven algunos códigos raros... En cambio, si guardo el archivo de openoffice en formato de word, y luego lo importo desde InDesign 4.0 me va mejor.
Tampoco puedo copiar texto desde mi amado Wordperfect 3.5
Crying or Very sad
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject:

RoyFocker wrote:
If you copy the text into a word document, doesn't work well. Only if you save the document on a word format this "place" works in InDesign (4.0)

We can save an opendocument in a InCopy format?

Unfortunately the only export formats for an OpenDocument file at present are the ones listed in the save dialog.

The other option you may want to look into is AbiWord...that's the only other application for Mac OS X that I know of that can open/save OpenDocument formatted files (word processing only, but that seems to be what you're looking for)

ed
RoyFocker
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject:

I want to work the text on NeoOffice and "import" it from InDesign (I'm a book's designer) or Quark. To do this I have to save the document on a differente format (I cannot copy-paste text) but I hate Word because it "creates" many changes into the "styles" that I was format...

I'll try wit the AbiWord format...

Thanks!
RoyFocker
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject:

InDesign 4.0 for PC windows and for MAC OS doesn't import AbiWord documents!!! Crying or Very sad
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject:

RTF? That's a fairly universal format with style support.
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject:

RoyFocker wrote:
InDesign 4.0 for PC windows and for MAC OS doesn't import AbiWord documents!!! Crying or Very sad

Oh, I was saying that abiword is the only other application I know of that can import documents. Right now there's no other programs that I know of that can import OpenDocument files on Mac OS X. You'll need to use sardisson's advice and us another format that can interchange between the two applications; OpenDocument simply won't work with anything other than OOo X11, NeoOffice, and AbiWord at the current time (I'm not sure about KOffice X11).

ed
RoyFocker
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject:

Thanks: RTF works good!!! I saved a document from neooffice with styles and footnotes. Then place the document into a indesign file and keep all the formating!!! Cool

Now I can forget word... (and look on the forum how can I do to my mac open all .doc and .rtf with openoffice...)

Thanks again.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject:

RoyFocker wrote:
Now I can forget word... (and look on the forum how can I do to my mac open all .doc and .rtf with openoffice...)

Thanks again.

I'll save you a step, here, too Wink

Setting_the_Default_Application

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1