Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Passing of Terry T.
Passing of Terry T.

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject:

jjmckenzie51 wrote:
Also I would like to point out that GeoCites has taken down Terry's web site. Maybe we could petition GeoCites to put it back on-line as a tribute to Terry.

It's back now. I have noticed frequently in the past years that Terry's site is down due to exceeding hourly bandwidth, so I'm sure that could be the case now as well.

Smokey

Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject:

Also adding this query that I found on another site, listing some more of the blogosphere's rememberances of Terry....

Smokey

The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject:

Edited the topic to make it an announcement so hopefully it will remain at the top of the index here.

Terry was awesome and I hope both him and his family are still enjoying things with that same laugh he always had.

No bickering, ranting, or griping is ever more important than the loss of a friend. In these times that's something we should all remember.

ed

/needs a fullerene house
//pours yet a little more out
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Updated URL

http://www.geocities.com/terry_teague/index.html
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject:

Update: in case geocities/yahoo ever go through and purge sites or the like I've made a full mirror:

http://www.dashboardbuddha.com/tteague/www.geocities.com/terry_teague/

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Sad.

It's been nearly only a year and a half since the world lost someone who truly knew how to laugh and share good times and there's nary a mention any longer on the main site of the project which he spent countless hours trying to work to make things better for people whom he's never met. That really is a shame.

This seems to happen with everyone whom we lose; their memories fade. They shouldn't.

Terry wrote the Start OpenOffice.org launcher, the keystone to making OOo X11 accessible to average users for many years.

I just spent some time running through his old website and some of the pictures of the house he loved, seeing some of those great bay area sunsets, and part of me could hear his laugh again. I dig the photo montage and story of the peacocks. Some of the offsite links still work too and the quicktime VR is a lot of fun, even today Smile

Even if you never got a chance to know him personally, take the time to browse his last site and get to know someone who spent years helping out random people he never knew.

Tonight I pour a little out for Terry.

ed
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the reminder Ed,

I visited his site when I first saw the notice. It was a happy / sad moment.
Here was a truly interesting person, and I never got to do more than read about him.
I think about him each time I see the Sticky notice.

Some people leave the World a little ... sadder when they leave us. Crying or Very sad

Philip ( tips his glass to those who have come before Smile )
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject:

I only got a chance to hang out with him a couple of times, but I had a blast every time. Very funny man. I'm glad I had the opportunity Smile

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject:

LemonAid wrote:
I think about him each time I see the Sticky notice.

I do, too, every time I come into this forum, or work with the Main Page on the wiki.

I also think about him every time I hear someone mention the hardware test CD (and when I had occasion to use it myself, not terribly long after his passing).

Terry was a great guy, from what I hear and what I know from my interactions with him here and in OOo IssueZilla, and the world is less without him.

Terry, you may be gone, but you are not forgotten.

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2