· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - MacWorld
MacWorld

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glenner
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject: MacWorld

Patrick, I think this is one for you (without any dis-respect to any of the other developers) - this is proof that NeoO 1.2 is making it big-time into the world. Talking from my own experience, other Mac users think v 1.2.1 is the best you have ever come up with. Do I sound too enthusiastic?'Embarassed'

ON THE CD this month we give you the FULL WORKING VERSION of Carrara 3D Basics as well as Carrara 5 pro demo; full version of Art of Illusion, Neo Office 1.2 and Nisus Thesaurus 1.0.5; David Pogue tutorials; Antigen and much more! INSIDE the bright cover celebrating Apple's 30th Anniversary is the true story of the birth of Apple, along with previews of the iPod Hi-Fi and Intel Mac mini! We test the new MacBook Pro, and dispel all the myths behind the recent Mac virus report; there are some excellent Mac OS X tweaks and we show you how to watch satellite TV on your Mac. Buy now!
http://www.macworld.co.uk/subscribe/

Last edited by Glenner on Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Orgleser
sheepfun
sheepfun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: MacWorld

Glenner wrote:
Patrick, I think this is one for you (without any dis-respect to any of the other developers) - this is proof that NeoO 1.2 is making it big-time into the world. Talking from my own experience, other Mac users think v 1.2.1 is the best you have ever come up with.

Fully agreed.
Quote:
Do I sound too enthusiatic?'Embarassed'

No not too anything. Very Happy
T.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Since MacWorld shipped NeoOffice 1.2, I expect that we will see a bit of a surge in support postings regarding many of the bugs that were fixed in NeoOffice 1.2.1.

So, if someone says that they are using Neo 1.2, we need to remember to tell them to get the latest patch from http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/patch.php first.

Patrick
Glenner
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Would it not be worthwhile pointing this out in a letter to the editor? Maybe with some more information about the direction NeoO is going to take (v 2 and MacIntel)? Patrick, I know you have a lot on your plate already but it may be worth raising the profile a bit.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Some time ago JKT or Ray (iirc) pointed out that MacWorld UK ships Neo milestones pretty regularly on their CDs, which is a really nice way of getting it to folks in the UK Wink (I've attempted to catalog known magazine CD releases here, but basically it requires someone telling me about one, just as Glenner's done here Wink )

Magazines have a pretty long leadtime for these CDs--I'm pleasantly surprised they weren't shipping Beta on that CD, given our release date for 1.2--and we often have a sticky thread in support ("Neo from MacWorld UK CD?....") when we start to see the questions pouring in Wink

Smokey

sheepfun
sheepfun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject:

Btw. Neo1.2.1 has made it to the highlights list of german http://www.mactechnews.de 's software update page again.
Edit:corrected mistyping
Edit2: Oh and there is a link to download 1.2.1 for paying users at german "MacWelt" (sister of MacWorld)http://www.macwelt.de/downloads/
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1