Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - help...
help...

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neooalberto
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:58 am    Post subject: help...

Sorry for troubling you.

I am a new user of neooffice. Do you know if an equivalent form of the Microsoft command ``text to columns'' is available? And what about to flip vertically a text? I see this command on the format menu, but how to use it?

Sorry for these questions,

alberto
valterb
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:18 am    Post subject:

Alberto, scusa, cosa fa "text to coloum" (sono anni che non uso Word).
Il testo verticale ti serve nei documenti di testo (cioè in Writer) o nei fogli elettronici (cioè in Calc)? Il testo verticale deve essere ruotato oppure semplicemente
a
l
l
i
n
e
a
t
o

così?
valterb
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject:

After exchanging some PM I arrived to a possible solution for this, and maybe we could wiki it.

Neoalberto has some data arranged in a text file formatted like this
Code:
A      B     6         pippo
C      D     10        topolino
...    ...   ...       ....

Fields are separated with different number of spaces and he wanted to obtain a table and possibly export this table in calc, so he can realize his own database with Base.

It's possible to replace all different number of spaces going to Edit -> Find & Replace, than hit on "More options" buttom and check "regular expression". Now in "Search for" type "[:space:]+" (without ") and in "Replace with" simply type a space (hit the space bar once). Now click on "Replace all" and than twice on OK.

Now we need to convert text into table so we select our data, click on Table -> Convert -> text to table. In Separated text at choose Other, replace the comma (,) with a space (hit space bar once), and that's it.

I'ts also possible to replace spaces with a tab. In this case you have to put in the Replace field "/t" (without "). Than you can choose tab in the "Separeted text at" to convert your text into a table.

If you want to move the table to Calc, just copy the table and paste it in Calc.

Valter
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Valter,

I think I found an answer to your problem(s). Check out http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=27714#27714.

I'm also guessing that OOo "Regular Expressions" are not always the same as many other systems (like your referenced link).

Guess we have to play by OOo rules, or just go home?

Philip ( Thanks for asking so I could re-research these items. I had fun Wink )

\. darn, now I have to find out how to LINK to an individual reply within a Post... Confused Suggestions welcome
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1