Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Labels won't create multiple pages
Labels won't create multiple pages

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buddyjones
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:17 am    Post subject: Labels won't create multiple pages

I have set up a page of labels using Avery 8160 (3x10 to a page). I have a spreadsheet with 50 names selected as my data source. Everything looks good on the page after I synchronize. Then I select the rows in the data source and click the "Data to Fields" icon and the first page gets populated with the first 30 names, but I can't get the second page. I can't find anything in the Help that tells me how to get more than one page.

Thanks for your help
amayze
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:18 am    Post subject:

If memory serves correctly, you won't see any more pages until you print the labels. To check if its working choose Print then click on Preview in the Print dialogue.

Andy
buddyjones
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Labels won't create multiple pages

Thanks, Andy. I tried your suggestion. I selected 50 records and moved them to the fields. I selected Print and then Preview and still got only 1 page of the first 30 labels. I inserted the "Next" field at the end of the label. Is there something else I'm supposed to be checking to get multiple pages.

Thanks
misdh
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Post subject: Labels won't create multiple pages

I am also struggling with this. MacBook running 10.4.9 and NeoOffice 2.1 Patch 2. HP Deskjet 3940. When I print, print to PDF or "print preview, I successfully get the first page of labels (5160 Address), but nothing else.

I've searched the forums but if the solution has been posted, I'm not finding it.

Thanks much,
Michelle
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Michelle, have you tried exporting to PDF from NeoOffice itself (not from the print dialog) ? There's a PDF icon in the toolbar, and you can use the File > Export as PDF... menu item.

If you open this PDF document with Preview or Adobe Reader, do you see all your document, and if you do, what happens when you print directly from Preview or Adobe Reader (does your entire document print) ?
misdh
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Labels won't create multiple pages

Thank you so much for the suggestion. Sadly, when I File > Export to PDF, I still get just one page when I open in Preview. Same thing with Acrobat.

I checked the printer drivers at HP; it said the most current one shipped with all the new Intel Macs. I see the whole calc sheet in database source view: all the records are there. I am selecting them all before hitting the Data to Field icon. Is there another field besides "Next Record" that's needed at the end of the page, to get it to go further? Is there a more basic, obvious step I'm missing?

Thank you,
Michelle
amayze
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:17 am    Post subject:

When you try to print the labels do you see this dialogue?:

If not you need to follow the instructions halfway down this page. (Solveig to the rescue once more!)

If you do see it then you must select "YES" to print your labels. Then choose the records you want to print in the following dialogue - the "Data to Fields" button is just for previewing your data - not for printing it.

HtH

Andy
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1