· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Error on saving Calc document to text file
Error on saving Calc document to text file

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fredrik

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:58 am    Post subject: Error on saving Calc document to text file

Don't know if this is a NeoJ-thing or an OOo 1.0.3 one.

Doing a Save As... of a spread sheet in Calc choosing the text (.cvs) format, or the SYLK format, gives the following error message:

--------------
Error when document <myDocument> was saved:
Non-existant object.
File not existing.

--------------

(The wording can be different, translating from the Swedish localisation)

Saving the same spread sheet from OOo 1.1.1 works fine. I do not at the moment have the 1.0.3 installed.

Saving as Excel works.

All other things seem to work fine in NeoJ.

Thanks for all the work you put down into this project. I prefer NeoJ 103 to OOo 111 for the much better integration with the system, especially the font handling and font screen rendering and clipboard functionaity, etc. It is really appreciated! Looking forward to the NeoOfficeJ 1.1.1 effort.

Best Regards

Fredrik
Agronomist/Illustrator
Fredrik

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:02 am    Post subject: Additional info

Sorry for the double posting!

Additional info:

I am using NeoJ 8.1 including patch No 5. Mac OS X 10.3.2, all software updates run.

Cheers

Fredrik
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject:

Fredrik,

If you file an issue in Bugzilla (see http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/) and attach the file, I can determine if it is a NeoJ or OOo 1.0.3 issue.

Patrick
Fredrik

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Further details

Hello Patrick!

I have entered this into Bugzilla as suggested. I came to the page for bug #92 in the bug listing, where there was a link to attach a file. The smal attach file window opened and I choose the file to upload/attach, wrote the oneline description and pushed the upload button. The only thing that happend was that the window was redrawn again telling me to choose file. I got no feedback as to if the file actually got sent. Using Safari at the moment. The bug info page for the bug (if it is a bug) was not updated to show an associated file.

I finally fell back to use Explorer to reach the Bugzilla and then successfully uploaded the file. It appears that Safari still does have some way to go.

I did an extra test, one I should have done to start with, If I open a blank Calc document, enter some values, and choose Save As... with text(cvs) as file type it works as expected.

From the start my document was a textfile from anohter application, slightly modified using TextEdit, opened in NeoJ and then Saved As in Calc native format.

Cheers

Fredrik
Fredrik

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Some more, probably unneccesary info. The numbers/values in the spread sheet use decimal comma, as this is the standard in Sweden (amongst other European countries). This is the system setting. I do not know if this transforms into the US decimal point automatically or if the values containing a comma are interpreted as text strings.

Cheers
Fredrik
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1