Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - No Resume support
No Resume support

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacNewB

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: No Resume support

It would be a nice addition to an already great app. Resume templates are vital! =D
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Resumes

Welcome. Hope you enjoy using NeoOffice. Templates for all sorts do exist, especially in the packages put together by Kami. Download OOOP-2.1.0-3-templates-en-US.oxt, and also the non-free version, then use Tools > Extension Manager to navigate to the .oxt file you downloaded. Press Add. You should have added lots of templates now. In the Personal Correspondence category, there are a few resumes - the resume template is a good one.

Peter
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Actually, resumes came up recently on somewhere that I was reading (probably a digg link or something) and an interesting point was raised...

Some people who go through reading lots of resumes are pretty aware of the standard Word resume templates and the like. Taking the time to come up with a unique layout for your own resume almost winds up helping it stand out a bit. I don't know if that's actually true or not, but logically I can see how it might help. That said, the templates linked to above aren't stock in Word so most likely will be a bit unique already Smile

ed
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Can someone tell me what "nonfree" means in this context? I don't find any explanation at the link site.
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Another question:

I downloaded the first file Peter mentioned, and added it with Extensions manager. But I can't find the templates. Any suggestions?
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject:

Lorinda wrote:
Another question:

I downloaded the first file Peter mentioned, and added it with Extensions manager. But I can't find the templates. Any suggestions?

If Extension Manager worked, you should find a whole lot of new templates when you do New > Templates. However, I find that the window opens with a list of what's in just one of the folders, and I have to use the left arrow on the top of the templates window to show all the template folders. If they are installed, you should have a whole set of new folders there, like Business Correspondence, Education, Layout....

Peter
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Non-free

Lorinda wrote:
Can someone tell me what "nonfree" means in this context? I don't find any explanation at the link site.

It appears to mean that there are strings attached to these, but not to the others. But I must admit I haven't found a definitive statement yet. This what Kami said on OpenOffice.orgForum "Also we divided the packages into two separated collection, one for free elements other for freely usable elements. So galleries without non-free term in its filename are really free.."
Peter
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject:

This is helpful Peter, thank you. With the names of some of the folders you provided, I was able to do a spotlight search, and I found the OOOP templates here:

file:///Users/Lorinda/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-2.1/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/I8mUjW_/OOOP-2.1.0-3-templates-en-US.oxt/template/

Where as when I choose File>New>Templates and Documents or File>Templates>Organizer, the list is from:

file:///Users/Lorinda/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-2.1/user/template/

Plus there are a few "built in" folders that are stored elsewhere and to which I cannot save templates.

It looks like I can move the templates by hand, but I'd be curious to know if there is another solution. It also looks like I could change the path to my templates in preferences, but then I lose access to my other templates. So moving the new ones may be my best bet.
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: er...

Can someone else please help? The answer to this is beyond my ken.
P
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject:

Lorinda wrote:

It looks like I can move the templates by hand, but I'd be curious to know if there is another solution. It also looks like I could change the path to my templates in preferences, but then I lose access to my other templates. So moving the new ones may be my best bet.

You can easily add the new path to your templates, go to

NeoOffice > Preferences > Paths

click on Templates and click Edit.

Then in the dialog click Add and navigate to Lorinda/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-2.1/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/I8mUjW_/OOOP-2.1.0-3-templates-en-US.oxt/template/

Don't delete your first path, add this one.

(looooong journey Smile )

Click Open. Close the window.

When you choose File > Open > Templates and Documents, click on the Templates icon, and probably click the little arrow "Up one level" on the top of the window.

Jacqueline
revsmitty
Keymaker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject:

Jacqueline,
I tried your suggestion and it didn't change anything on my set up.
When I click on File>New>Templates and Documents
I still got the Templates & Documents window and depending on where I was in last time I got either "My Templates" or "Templates."

The navigation at that point was still the same
If I was in My Templates I could click on either the left arrow (back) or up arrow (up one level) and it would take me to "Templates".

If I was in Templates all the 'new templates' were in the various folders and I just had to click on whichever folder I wanted to open and get a template out of.

If I wanted to get the new templates to show up in "My Templates" I had to either use the File>Templates>Organize process and move individual ones or go into the Finder and move the individual files into the ~/library/Preferences/NeoOffice2.1/user/Template file.

If I put a new new folder inside the Template File and put the new templates in it then NeoO treated that folder just like the My Templates folder. That is it showed the new Folder in the "Templates" dialogue window when I chose File>New>Templates and Documents and not in the "My Templates" window.

Galen
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject:

It works for me on my PowerBook, and I just noticed that it does'nt work on the iMac Intel.

But try this workaround:

go to ~/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-2.1/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/xxxxxx_/OOOP-2.1-templates-??.oxt/template

select all the folders: educate, finances, etc. Ctrl-Click and Copy the folders.

Return in ~/Library/Preferences/neoOffice-2.1/user, open the template folder then Ctrl-click and paste the 9 items.

I don't know if in your language, there are 9 folders ore more…

Hope it works Very Happy

Jacqueline
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Workarounds

Thanks for that Jacqueline. I am disappointed that this ends up being so tricky for some. I was hoping that we could just put in the NeoWiki: "Extension Manager > Add.. and there you go", but for some it seems that that won't work. Sad
Peter
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject:

I was able to add the second path for templates without a problem, thanks to Jacqueline's directions. I'm working on a PPC Mac.

I may still end up moving the templates or something, as I now have a long list of template folders with the two locations, but at least I've found them and can access them. Thanks to everyone for the help.

Last edited by Lorinda on Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject:

So it seems that adding the second path is working on PPC but not on Intel. Can someone else confirm that behavior?

Jacqueline
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2