NeoOffice :: View topic - Media Browser Support
Media Browser Support

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Media Browser Support

After much development work, the new Media Browser support is ready for testing.

This new feature is available in the following test patch. If people can test it out and make sure that it does not break NeoOffice, we can include this feature in the NeoOffice 2.2.3 Patch 3 release in early May.

PowerPC:
http://sally.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-2.2.3-Patch-2-Test-1-PowerPC.dmg

Intel:
http://sally.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-2.2.3-Patch-2-Test-1-Intel.dmg

Patrick
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Also, Oscar, could you check the Dutch translation? On my system here I was only getting some partial translation results (the checkboxes and buttons on the "Info" panel, but the strings in the browser contents weren't translating). I also didn't check if those are translating properly for other languages.

ed
SteveRead
Operator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject:

I just tried out the Media Browser and here is my experience.

When I first click on the audio icon, I get an alert that says “The application MetaDataTool has quit”
However, I can then go on and use the browser.

I can insert both pictures and links into a Writer document.

I cannot insert Movies into a Writer document. When I try nothing happens

When I try to insert sounds into a Writer document, I get a dialog box for Insert section and if I say okay, I then get the ASCII Filter Options dialog box.

In Impress, I can insert pictures and links.

But in Impress, when I try to insert movies, I get the ASCII Filter Options dialog box.
And when I try to insert sounds, I first get an Insert Text dialog box, but when I click OK, nothing happens.

Mac OSX 10.5.2, 2.2 GHZ MacBook
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject:

SteveRead wrote:
When I first click on the audio icon, I get an alert that says “The application MetaDataTool has quit”
However, I can then go on and use the browser.

MetaDataTool? Can you get a crash log for this MetaDataTool when it quits?

SteveRead wrote:
When I try to insert sounds into a Writer document, I get a dialog box for Insert section and if I say okay, I then get the ASCII Filter Options dialog box.

Can you insert the movie files using the Insert :: Movie and Sound menu? If so, what is the full name of the movie file?

Patrick
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Also, can you drag and drop movies or audio files from the Finder into an open Neo document? It's similar to how the media browser interacts with drag and drop, though not identical.

ed
SteveRead
Operator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Here is the crash log for MetaDataTool
Process: MetadataTool [20034]
Path: /Applications/NeoOffice.app/Contents/Frameworks/iMediaBrowser.framework/Resources/MetadataTool
Identifier: MetadataTool
Version: ??? (???)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: soffice.bin [20028]

Date/Time: 2008-04-14 22:31:09.029 -0700
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.2 (9C7010)
Report Version: 6

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 0

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ZeroLink.framework/Versions/A/ZeroLink
Referenced from: /Applications/NeoOffice.app/Contents/Frameworks/iMediaBrowser.framework/Resources/MetadataTool
Reason: image not found

And I cannot insert the movie using the Insert Movie Sound command, although I can play it in QuickTime. It is an MPEG-4 movie
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject:

SteveRead wrote:
And I cannot insert the movie using the Insert Movie Sound command, although I can play it in QuickTime. It is an MPEG-4 movie

Sounds like the movie is protected content. Can you play the movie in Safari by selecting the File :: Open File menu? If not, your movie is protected and Apple will only allow you to play the movie in QuickTime and iTunes.

Patrick
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
Also, Oscar, could you check the Dutch translation?

It isn't translated at all for me..Sad I have NeoOffice in Dutch in general, but the media browser is in English.

The button in the new toolbar also does not work. And I personally feel it would be better located in the main task bar where the insert table, insert hyperlink and open gallery buttons are anyway.

best wishes,
Oscar

OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject:

SteveRead wrote:
Here is the crash log for MetaDataTool

OK, that's a result of XCode building it referencing some shared libraries that probably are on my own setups and Patrick's seeing if he's testing on a machine where it was built Wink I'll see if I can build w/o debug symbols and that may do the trick.

Yeah, the protected MPEG4 stuff can't be played in Neo...I've never gotten it to play in anything besides iTunes and QuickTime Player, myself. Ah, the joys of DRM. That should be isolated from the crash you're seeing above, however.

ed
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
It isn't translated at all for me..Sad I have NeoOffice in Dutch in general, but the media browser is in English.

I believe Ed mentioned in another thread that he could only translate the strings that show when you press the floating window's "I" button. Do those work?

ovvldc wrote:
The button in the new toolbar also does not work. And I personally feel it would be better located in the main task bar where the insert table, insert hyperlink and open gallery buttons are anyway.

The OpenOffice.org code always displays toolbars for newly installed extensions as undocked. There is no switch to change that. So, like the Styles and Formatting floating window, you need to dock it by dragging the window's title bar into the toolbar area where you want it located.

Patrick
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
The button in the new toolbar also does not work. And I personally feel it would be better located in the main task bar where the insert table, insert hyperlink and open gallery buttons are anyway

Hmm...odd since I did get a partial dutch translation on my build from last night.

Strange that the button isn't working. It should behave exactly like the Tools > Add-ons menu item. Unfortunately it has to be in a new toolbar; we can't modify existing toolbars and add-ons are restricted only to adding completely new toolbars by OOo's design.

ed
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Great so far for drag/dropping images into writer docs.

Some points/questions:

i) I docked the floating toolbar from the toolbar's dropdown menu, and then closed the main doc window - and there was still a MB floating toolbar sitting underneath it on its own, which I then closed. Is that expected behaviour?

ii) Is there any way of assigning other folders to appear in the MB folder list? I've got a temporary dumping-ground folder on my desktop for images off my phone that I haven't had time to classify or tweak into iPhoto yet, and it'd be great to have access to that folder too. (If not, I can always put it in the Pictures folder and put an alias on my desktop Smile)

iii) in the Links panel, there's a FireFox icon but no FF links available.

iv) I got the MetaDataTool crash too, here's a link to the [url=MetadataTool_2008-04-15-074006_smaragd.crash]crash log[/url].

- padmavyuha
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject:

yoxi wrote:
i) I docked the floating toolbar from the toolbar's dropdown menu, and then closed the main doc window - and there was still a MB floating toolbar sitting underneath it on its own, which I then closed. Is that expected behaviour?

Well what I've noticed is that OOo will float the toolbar for each different open component, e.g. unfortunately you need to dock it once for Writer, again for Calc, again for Impress, etc.

If you're seeing it with no windows open it may be because it's binding to the "no window" case. Can you check the menubar? If it has Tools > Add-ons > Show Media Browser then that's probably where the bar is coming from (at which point I just need tochange the context to match only writer, calc, impress, draw, and base instead of everything).

yoxi wrote:

ii) Is there any way of assigning other folders to appear in the MB folder list? I've got a temporary dumping-ground folder on my desktop for images off my phone that I haven't had time to classify or tweak into iPhoto yet, and it'd be great to have access to that folder too. (If not, I can always put it in the Pictures folder and put an alias on my desktop Smile)

Right now I don't know of anyway to do that outside of doing it in source code itself. If you want to self-compile it I'd be happy to guide you through Smile

yoxi wrote:

iii) in the Links panel, there's a FireFox icon but no FF links available.

I don't use FF but will look into it.

yoxi wrote:

iv) I got the MetaDataTool crash too, here's a link to the [url=MetadataTool_2008-04-15-074006_smaragd.crash]crash log[/url].

Working on it now.

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
ovvldc wrote:

I believe Ed mentioned in another thread that he could only translate the strings that show when you press the floating window's "I" button. Do those work?

Found the problem for the other ones...a single missing semicolon at the end of the Dutch Localizable.strings seemed to be it. Now I get all the translations here both in the Info screen and in the browser contents.

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject:

yoxi wrote:

Fixed it. The toolbar now should not appear when all windows are closed. These'll all be in the next test patch.

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7