NeoOffice :: View topic - Media Browser Support
Media Browser Support

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:19 am    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:

I suggest makign a page, but I couldn't really pick a place for it in the collection of information that is already there. Somewhere in 'Hints and Tips' with a link from the relevant part in 'feature Comparison' maybe?

best wishes,
Oscar

Maybe in the "Improving the Mac OS X Experience" section in the "Tips and Hints" page?

Jacqueline
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject:

Done. And I linked it from the Feature Comparison page, in the part where it mentions quicktime-supported media..

PPT

Best wishes,
Oscar

OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject:

jgd wrote:
It works now for .m4a files.

The audio protected files can be inserted via Insert > Movie and Sound. That doesn't work with MediaBrowser.

I don't actually have any protected audio content myself...I may be wrong, but don't FairPlay files use ".m4p" as the extension instead of ".m4a"?

jgd wrote:
Some translations are missing in the French version. Tell me if and how I can help.

Excellent! What I did for the Dutch translation from Oscar was to take it and migrate it into the appropriate nibs and the like. If you can just make a list of the incorrect/untranslated strings and put it in either this topic or the localization topic for the media browser (I put that in the Dev forum, I think) we can get them into the resources.

I've slacked, but I'm going to get in touch with the Karelia project and see how we can contribute all the localizations back to them. The code modifications aren't of any real use outside of Neo as they're app-specific. The translations, though, should be easy to integrate Smile

ed
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
jgd wrote:
It works now for .m4a files.

The audio protected files can be inserted via Insert > Movie and Sound. That doesn't work with MediaBrowser.

I don't actually have any protected audio content myself...I may be wrong, but don't FairPlay files use ".m4p" as the extension instead of ".m4a"?

All the protected files use .m4p
OPENSTEP wrote:

jgd wrote:
Some translations are missing in the French version. Tell me if and how I can help.

Excellent! What I did for the Dutch translation from Oscar was to take it and migrate it into the appropriate nibs and the like. If you can just make a list of the incorrect/untranslated strings and put it in either this topic or the localization topic for the media browser (I put that in the Dev forum, I think) we can get them into the resources.
ed

Code:

in Photos :
Desktop Pictures = Bureau
iChat icons = Icônes iChat
NeoOffice Gallery = Galerie NeoOffice
Screen Savers = Économiseur d'écran
User Pictures = Images de l'utilisateur

in Audio :
Sounds Folder = Dossier sons

That's all Smile

Jacqueline
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject:

About:

jgd wrote:

Is there somewhere we can find that text ("NeoOffice Gallery") in NeoOffice/OpenOffice.org? If it's already been translated by the French native-lang project for OOo, we may want to use their translation for the Media Browser, to be consistent and/or avoid confusion...
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject:

I've never seen "gallery" translated in French (I don't understand why that word is not translated…). I just saw that Oscar used "gallerie" in Dutch.
If you believe it's better to keep the English word, it's not a problem Smile

Jacqueline
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject:

OK. Now I understand what you meant. Indeed, I just found the Gallery in the Tools menu, and realize that it is not translated to French (even in OOo 2.4 under Windows).

In this case, I think a non-matching translation might better than no translation at all.
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject:

With the latest test patch, all the extensions I've mentioned above now work via drag and drop.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject:

We've also added the .m4p extension for protected content. I think that's also in the latest test patch, but I don't know if we've put up links to that yet.

I didn't search for the "Gallery" translations, but if you have them it's an easy addition to the localizations.

Do you think that's the most appropriate name for that entry? I figured it was just best to match the terminology that's used for it other places throughout the OOo UI.

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject:

OK, now I see the Firefox entry in the Links panel and also see that it's foobar. I'll see what I can do to fix it.

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject:

OK, after more research it turns out that the current Firefox bookmark parsing code is able to locate the bookmarks file, but after that does nothing to interpret its contents. I'll check if there's something newer, but for now any Firefox/Camino entries will always be empty.

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Yes, there is no Firefox parser for bookmarks files from any version of Mozilla or Firefox. The Firefox entry will be disabled in the next test patch and won't be visible. Only bookmarks from Safari will be able to be imported.

ed
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:56 am    Post subject:

I noticed I forgot to translate two terms:

Code:
Photo grid: Fotopaneel
Toolbar: werkbalk

Though I am not sure 'Fotopaneel' is the official translation, it should be clear to whomever reads it. Any Dutch speaker have a better idea?

Best wishes,
Oscar

jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject:

And as to the French Gallery/galerie, as Gallery is not translated in OOo, we might keep it, but with the French word order :
Code:
NeoOffice Gallery = Gallery NeoOffice

What do Ed and the French speakers think ?

Jacqueline
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject:

OK the dutch translations are in and will be in the next test patch.

Correcting the adjective order for French sounds fine. Once you guys decide let me know and I'll get it in the browser.

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7