NeoOffice :: View topic - Media Browser Support
Media Browser Support

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject:

FYI. I upload a new test patch with the translations that Ed added so please install the following test patch:

PowerPC:
http://sally.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-2.2.3-Patch-2-Test-6-PowerPC.dmg

Intel:
http://sally.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-2.2.3-Patch-2-Test-6-Intel.dmg

Patrick
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject:

I'm late to the party here, I'm afraid, but I thought I'd report my experience tonight:

-it is taking Neo more than 15 minutes to load my photos; according to the media browser I have 930 photos. I can see ALL of my iPhoto images in the bottom pane while I wait, but I can't access a specific album (although I can see the name), nor can I access any of the other images in other folders inside the Pictures folder. I can see all the folders, just can see the images. the Menu at the top flicks on and off once when I click on a folder, but nothing happens. If my first experience holds true with my current try (I quit and restarted Neo--see below), eventually I'll be able to select individual albums. CPU usage is not particularly high.

-I had similar experiences with Music and Movies. I had a really odd one with Music; for a short while I could see and add songs from iTunes; I switched to another media and switched back, I couldn't see any of my songs in iTunes again.

-I maintain multiple iPhoto libraries in my Pictures album; I use iPhoto Buddy to switch back and forth between them. Only the currenlty "activated" library shows up in the list; I'm guessing this is inevitable. It looks like one has to quit and restart Neo after changing the "active" library, but I will try the refresh button once I've given Neo a little more time to get to the point where I can access albums, folders, etc.
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Oh, and in the Sounds pane, dragging a Garage Band project to a Writer document activates the Insert Section dialog, it does not insert a sound object. Dragging a Garage Band project into an impress document doesn't work at all; nothing happens. Garage Band projects can be played in the browser itself, thought

It's now 20 minutes since I activated the Media Browser, and I can finally access albums and folders in the photos tab.

I'm using test patch 9, OS 10.4.11, PPC

Lorinda

Bold items are corrections/additions added later.

Last edited by Lorinda on Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Just an FYI: the refresh button on the media browser will not pick up that the active iPhoto library has been changed. So a restart of Neo is necessary in those circumstances. Not surprising, as iLife apps have to restarted in the same situation.

Using a tiny (5 photos) iPhoto library, I still couldn't access albums/folders after 10 minutes. I do have a fair number of images in some of the other folders in my pictures folder, and in the Shared pictures folder; those items seem to show up in the media gallery too.

Lorinda
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Lorinda wrote:
Using a tiny (5 photos) iPhoto library, I still couldn't access albums/folders after 10 minutes.

That really seems odd. I have several thousand items in my iPhoto library, and they were accessible pretty much instantaneously. Granted I have a reasonably fast (2.2 GHz C2D) processor on that Mac, but something still seems really wrong in Loinda's case Sad

Smokey

Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:22 am    Post subject:

Some more info on my setup:

Pictures folder: 7.7 GB
iPhoto library 1: 2.04 GB
iPhoto library 2: 4.03 GB (my primary library)
iPhoto library 3: 14 MB
iPhoto library 4: 902.3 MB (an iPhoto 06 library)
iPhoto library 5: 737.1 MB (an iPhoto 06 library)
Non-iPhoto folders: c. 60 MB (less than I thought!)

I was wrong about Shared folders showing up, but I do have an alias in the Pictures folder; the original folder is in Shared. Later today I'll try pulling that folder and see if the Media Browser pulls up. If I have time I'll also try Neo in a different user to see if that makes a difference.

I'm on an iBook, 1.42 PPC G4, 1.5GB RAM.

Lorinda
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:15 am    Post subject:

Things work fine in my daughter's account--except for the Garage Band issue.

The alias in my pictures folder is not the issue.

It looks like my preferences folder is the culprit. When I moved it, I could access my pictures immediately. Garage Band issue remained. It may be a few days before I have the time to salvage my needed settings and figure out what folder/file is causing the issue. I have some extensions installed; I'm wondering if that's the problem.

Lorinda
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject:

I had some unexpected free time tonight. I narrowed down the corruption to the config folder. I suspected it was in the toolbar or menu subfolders in swriter, as those were the most recent changes I remember making. (adding a new menu and changing some toolbars) But I copied those over from the "corrupted" folder and it still works. So the issue is somewhere else in config.

I'm not inclined to look further, unless Patrick wants me to.

The Garageband files still don't transfer correctly, so that looks to be a separate issue.

Lorinda
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Lorinda wrote:
The Garageband files still don't transfer correctly, so that looks to be a separate issue.

Since QuickTime Player cannot open any of Garageband's .band files, NeoOffice won't be able to open them either so I think we need to remove Garageband from the Media Browser.

Patrick
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Ah, I wondered if that was the case. I take it the Media Browser itself uses something other than the Quicktime player, then, since it can play the .band files?

Lorinda
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:09 am    Post subject:

The Media Browser is probably integrated with GarageBand itself; after all, it is the iLife Media Browser…
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject:

Except that the Media Browser we use is an open source one from Karelia..

-Oz
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
Except that the Media Browser we use is an open source one from Karelia..

-Oz

I suspect that Karelia is loading the Garageband private frameworks and having Garageband play the files.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject:

FYI. I posted a new test patch that no longer shows Garageband. Since QuickTime Player cannot play them and our sound and movie support uses QuickTime, this should avoid the confusion the would occur if people tried to drag .band files into NeoOffice.

You can download the new test patch from the following URLs:

PowerPC:
http://sally.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-2.2.3-Patch-2-Test-10-PowerPC.dmg

Intel:
http://sally.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-2.2.3-Patch-2-Test-10-Intel.dmg

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject:

FYI. Since there have been no problems reported since I posted the last test patch, I think that we can release it in NeoOffice 2.2.3 Patch 3 in the coming week.

If you want to test the latest code just to make sure that I didn't inadvertently break anything, you can download the latest test patch from the following URLs:

PowerPC:
http://sally.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-2.2.3-Patch-2-Test-12-PowerPC.dmg

Intel:
http://sally.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-2.2.3-Patch-2-Test-12-Intel.dmg

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7