Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - "Docking" palettes in Neo/J 1.1
"Docking" palettes in Neo/J 1.1

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Max_Barel
Oracle

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:54 am    Post subject: "Docking" palettes in Neo/J 1.1

Might not be obvious for all:

To dock (stick) your navigator or stylist window palettes:
Command(Apple)-double-click on its grey frame. It will stick to the main window frame, and remember its position and size when hidden using toolbar button.

To arrange its position:
command-drag the grey frame. You can then have the stylist and navigator tiled on a single column on the same window side.

Max
ovvldc

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: "Docking" palettes in Neo/J 1.1

Thanks! Maybe something to add to the release notes Smile.

Max_Barel wrote:

To dock (stick) your navigator or stylist window palettes:
Command(Apple)-double-click on its grey frame. It will stick to the main window frame, and remember its position and size when hidden using toolbar button.

To arrange its position:
command-drag the grey frame. You can then have the stylist and navigator tiled on a single column on the same window side.

Max
JKT
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: "Docking" palettes in Neo/J 1.1

Max_Barel wrote:

More like - might not be obvious at all!

Thanks for the tip - much better layout this way.

Please visit The Land Gallery at http://www.thelandgallery.com for nature-inspired British Fine Art
JKT
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject:

I wonder if it would actually be better to default to this as the starting layout (have the Nav/stylist palette integrated into the main document window) - if it is possible - as it is easier to notice that you can display them as standalone palettes by clicking the magnifying glass icon beside the integrated panes (if you want them that way), than it is to know how to get them integrated in the first place... thoughts?

Please visit The Land Gallery at http://www.thelandgallery.com for nature-inspired British Fine Art
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:56 am    Post subject:

JKT wrote:
I wonder if it would actually be better to default to this as the starting layout (have the Nav/stylist palette integrated into the main document window) - if it is possible - as it is easier to notice that you can display them as standalone palettes by clicking the magnifying glass icon beside the integrated panes (if you want them that way), than it is to know how to get them integrated in the first place... thoughts?

I quite agree!
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Hey Max (and others who have this working),

I'm trying to move my Stylist to the left side (cmd-double-click always puts it on the right side [even in RTL OS locales, where everything else is flipped in Neo/J]), and cmd-drag on the docked Stylist's frame seems to undock the Stylist rather than moving it.

What am I missing?

Smokey

Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject:

You are right: the feature got broken somewhere between my initial post and yours.
What should happen is that, when moving the palette, the thick frame becomes thinner where it can stick. This does not happen anymore.
I didn't notice, since my settings are remembered from the time it worked.
After moving my Library/NeoOffice-1.1 folder apart, I'm no more able to dock on the right.
Could someone with a working install of OOo/X11 1.1 check if this loss is from the codebase?
If not it might be related to some event management and then filed to Bugzilla.

Max
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:26 am    Post subject:

Max_Barel wrote:
Could someone with a working install of OOo/X11 1.1 check if this loss is from the codebase?

Merci for the clear picture of what's supposed to happen, Max.

It's definitely working in a fairly stock 1.1.2 (and docks on the left by default!), but we need someone to check 1.1.3, since that's what Neo/J 1.1 Beta is based on. There's no public English build, though; if no one else has a version of 1.1.3, I believe ericb has a French build at fr.openoffice.org that I can download and try later. (Note even if you have enabled the X11 ctrl>cmd hack, this function still requires ctrl.)

(I also notice that the highlight/text color palettes, which used to default to "drop-down menus" until torn off, are now torn off automatically. I didn't think this was the case originally in 1.1.2 nor in the Neo/J 1.1 Alphas.)

Smokey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: Docking windows

sardisson wrote:
Max_Barel wrote:
It's definitely working in a fairly stock 1.1.2 (and docks on the left by default!), but we need someone to check 1.1.3, since that's what Neo/J 1.1 Beta is based on. There's no public English build, though; if no one else has a version of 1.1.3, I believe ericb has a French build at fr.openoffice.org that I can download and try later. (Note even if you have enabled the X11 ctrl>cmd hack, this function still requires ctrl.)

It took me a little while to figure out what exactly you were talking about - the OOo help was helpful.

I tested with English versions of OOo 1.1.2, 1.1.3, 1.1.4, and they all behave the same way (docks default to left, can drag to either side) in this respect regarding docking of the stylist window. I don't believe I have any additional Command<->Control key mapping patches. I am using X11.app, and I had to use the Control key (as per the OOo help).

I can also confirm that the behavior in NeoOffice/J 1.1BetaPatch6 is different from OOo - need to use the Command key, and I was not able to dock the window on the right hand side.

Regards, Terry
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject: Re: Docking windows

Terry Teague wrote:
It took me a little while to figure out what exactly you were talking about - the OOo help was helpful.

Sometimes it really is Smile At other times, I have found it rather unhelpful. Sad

Terry Teague wrote:
I tested with English versions of OOo 1.1.2, 1.1.3, 1.1.4, and they all behave the same way (docks default to left, can drag to either side) in this respect regarding docking of the stylist window.

Thanks, Terry! I just finished downloading the fr-1.1.3, but that saves me from installing it Smile I must have once-upon-a-time accidentally docked it in Neo/J and dragged it to the other side, then.

Terry Teague wrote:
I don't believe I have any additional Command<->Control key mapping patches. I am using X11.app, and I had to use the Control key (as per the OOo help).

Maybe it's just the setting in X11.app, but somewhere in my memory is Ed saying y'all had to work up some patches to get that working.Question

Terry Teague wrote:
I can also confirm that the behavior in NeoOffice/J 1.1BetaPatch6 is different from OOo - need to use the Command key, and I was not able to dock the window on the right hand side.

With some copyrighted "Luby Magic," Patrick has mapped all of the OOo control-key sequences to command, leaving control to access the contextual menus as Steve Jobs intended Smile So that part is as-expected.

Bug 530 filed.

Thanks again Terry, Max!

Smokey

Operator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject:

I have accidentaly moved the Galery, before it was on top, now on the right of the document, but I can't put it on top anymore ! Sad Someone Has any idea ?
I would like to put it on the left in fact if it possible but each time I try to drag it it becomes a floating palette.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject:

I think the Gallery probably also suffers from bug 530--in fact, any dockable "window" in Neo, whatever else these windows may be. Sad

Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject:

FWIW, I suspect that the reason that bug 530 has appeared is due to my drag-and-drop code which was implemented around the time the bug appeared.

My guess is that it I am incorrectly setting some modifier flags in the drag-and-drop code.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1