Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Translation request : NeoOffice Mobile server-side text
Translation request : NeoOffice Mobile server-side text

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Mobile Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hi_RAM
Councilperson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject:

Sorry for the delay, I did not see your message.

No problem with accent characters…

Councilperson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject:

in the What is NeoOffice Mobile Menu (In French Qu'est-ce que NeoOffice Mobile ?

Quote:
NeoOffice Mobile vous permet Partager et modifier vos documents de n'importe où à tout moment.

I think modifier should be Modifier (like Partager)

Quote:
J'aime. NeoOffice Mobile, Je peux maintenant avoir accès à tous mes documents à la maison.
- Tim

J'aime NeoOffice Mobile, car je peux à la maison avoir maintenant accès à tous mes documents.
- Tim

Quote:
NeoOffice Mobile allows you to view your documents on the go from your phone!

NeoOffice Mobile vous permet lors de vos déplacements de visualiser vos documents à partir de votre téléphone !

Quote:
With NeoOffice Mobile you can now edit your documents from home.

Avec NeoOffice Mobile vous pouvez maintenant éditer vos documents depuis chez vous.

I think " où bon vous semble" or "n'importe où "could be better ?
(wherever you like)

Quote:
Share and collaborate with others using the share document feature in NeoOffice Mobile.

Partager et collaborer avec les autres en utilisant la fonction partage de documents de NeoOffice Mobile.

The menu bar : Home SignUp…

Accueil
Souscrire
Fonctionnement
Tarif
FAQ
Téléchargement
Connexion

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Thank you for the translations. However, I cannot put them on the website at this time as those pages are hard-coded with English.

I am planning on moving those pages to the main www.neooffice.org website before the NeoOffice 3.0.1 Early Access Program starts as I can handle localized pages on that site.

When I get those pages moved, I will let everyone know so that we can start posting translations for them.

I am still working on getting the list of English phrases that are translatable and that need translation to French. I will post those tomorrow.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject:

One question: I noticed that in your NeoOffice Mobile translations that you have been translating "e-mail" as "adresse électronique". However, when you and Samwise translated the donations and other main website pages, you use "un e-mail" or "l'e-mail".

If using "e-mail" clearer to users than "adresse électronique"? If so, let me know and I can do a search and replace on the translations file.

Patrick
hi_RAM
Councilperson

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
One question: I noticed that in your NeoOffice Mobile translations that you have been translating "e-mail" as "adresse électronique". However, when you and Samwise translated the donations and other main website pages, you use "un e-mail" or "l'e-mail".

If using "e-mail" clearer to users than "adresse électronique"? If so, let me know and I can do a search and replace on the translations file.

Patrick

I think we haved used e-mail or mail for the message itself not for the e-mail address. (it's shorter than " message électronique " or "courrier électronique"). French Canadians use Courriel, L'Académie français (aka the French language police) also (you could have a look at this page in English).

French Administration, recommand mèl (I don't like this word) before an e-mail address… (like Tél. before à phone number) :

Quote:
Le symbole retenu par la commission générale de terminologie et de néologie est Mél. (pour messagerie électronique), qui peut figurer devant l'adresse électronique, tout comme Tél., généralement utilisé devant le numéro de téléphone.

À cette occasion, la commission générale a adopté un certain nombre de dénominations recommandées pour désigner les différentes notions relatives au courrier électronique : " adresse de courrier électronique " ou " adresse électronique " désigne l'adresse ; " message électronique ", le document ; les termes " courrier électronique " et " messagerie électronique ", synonymes, désignent le système utilisé.

L'Académie française vient d'approuver ces propositions, qui seront publiées prochainement au journal officiel.

L'emploi des termes concernés s'imposera alors à tous les services de l'État.

BTW the English word mail came from the French Male 13c 'bag or wallet'…

It might very useful if a French Canadian user or other French Speakers (Belgium, Switzerland…) could help us…

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject:

hi_RAM wrote:
I think we haved used e-mail or mail for the message itself not for the e-mail address. (it's shorter than " message électronique " or "courrier électronique"). French Canadians use Courriel, L'Académie français (aka the French language police) also (you could have a look at this page in English).

That makes sense to me. I looked at the various www.neooffice.org sites and I found that those pages were translated like you describe: the e-mail itself is "e-mail" and an e-mail address is "address électronique".

So, I don't think any changes are needed to your NeoOffice Mobile translations.

Thanks for explaining this to me,

Patrick
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
I am still working on getting the list of English phrases that are translatable and that need translation to French. I will post those tomorrow.

Patrick and I both got busy and neither of us had a chance to post the next list of English phrases that need translation until now.

Can anyone translate these latest phrases? If yes, please edit the text to the right of the = sign. The text to the left are the keys we use for localization and should not be translated.

Thank you in advance for any translations that are provided.

--fran
hi_RAM
Councilperson

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject:

Here French translation… (If someone could have a look…)

I had a problem with 'plan' I translate it by "abonnement" (subscirption)

The Anomaly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject:

hi_RAM,
Thank you for the translations. They are now posted on the server. Let us know if you see any problems.

--fran
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Mobile Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2