Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Dynamically Updated File Names?
Dynamically Updated File Names?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice New Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
[I am not sure what the problem is that you are describing. Are you dragging a file within the same volume? If so, wait 60 seconds as that is the timer that checks for moved files only checks every 60 seconds to keep CPU usage reasonable. The other times that NeoOffice will check is when a document becomes the focus window or when you save a document.

OK. I can now reproduce the problem where only the first move or rename is handled and all moves or renames of a file are ignored. I will take a look at that bug.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject:

I have fixed the bug that Smokey found that caused NeoOffice to not see any moves or renames of a file after the first move or rename.

I have included the fix in the following test patch. With this test patch, you should be able to move or rename the file multiple times and NeoOffice should recognize the change. Like before, moving a file to a different volume will not be recognized by NeoOffice.

Can you install the test patch and tell us if the fix works for you? Also, you mentioned that you tried changing the name of a file while NeoOffice has focus. Is my understanding correct? If so, can you tell us the steps you use to do that as I thought all key events will only go to the active application:

Intel:
http://joe.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.0.2_Early_Access-Patch-0-Test-3-Intel.dmg

PowerPC:
http://joe.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.0.2_Early_Access-Patch-0-Test-3-PowerPC.dmg

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Since my last post, I have fixed a bug that was preventing NeoOffice from properly detecting renames while the NeoOffice document is active. With the following test patch, renames done by another process while NeoOffice is the active application should update the active document within 15 seconds after the rename is done.
i
Can you install the test patch and tell us if the fix works for you?:

Intel:
http://joe.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.0.2_Early_Access-Patch-0-Test-4-Intel.dmg

PowerPC:
http://joe.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.0.2_Early_Access-Patch-0-Test-4-PowerPC.dmg

Patrick
djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Tested in Writer only, but it seems to be working well. Tested renames when NO is focused and unfocused, moved and renamed files multiple times between saves.

- Intel, OS X 10.5.8
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject:

I can confirm Daniel's report of good results with Calc on 10.5.8/Intel. Smile

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice New Feature Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2