Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice/J Installation fails
NeoOffice/J Installation fails

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flynn
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: NeoOffice/J Installation fails

I have a PB Pismo (G3/400) with 640MB RAM and 47GB free disk space. It runs OSX 10.3.6 with all the latest everything (Java etc.)

When running the NeoOffice/J installer the "test" returns with "NeoOffice/J can not be installed on this computer".

This is what I get from the install.log:

---
Nov 13 15:41:53 localhost : NeoOffice/J Installation Log
Nov 13 15:41:53 localhost : Opened from: /Volumes/NeoOfficeJ-1.1_Alpha_2/NeoOfficeJ.pkg
Nov 13 15:41:53 localhost : Hardware Model: PowerBook3,1 @ 400 MHz, 640 MB
Nov 13 15:41:53 localhost : Running OS Build: 7R28
Nov 13 15:41:54 localhost : Installer Language: sv
Nov 13 15:41:58 localhost : Requirement: requires "vissa kriterier för InstallationCheck" FAIL for root=(none), domain=0
Nov 13 15:41:58 localhost : Requirement: requires "vissa kriterier för filinnehåll" PASS for root=(none), domain=0
---

Translation sv-en:
"vissa kriterier för InstallationCheck" - some criteria for installation check
"vissa kriterier för filinnehåll" - some criteria for file contents

So, what is the problem here? My first try was with 10.3.5, giving the same result. I never had any problem like this one before and my system is (AFAIK) perfectly stable.

I already have OOo 1.1.2 installed and it works fine, but I find the X11 solution a little inconvenient and I'd happily support any project on a native OSX version like NeoOffice/J if I can only install it!
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject:

Take a look at the following post:

http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=637&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=bsd

If reinstalling the BSD package from your Mac OS X CD's doesn't work, please post any ouptut from the installer that appears in Console.app.

Patrick
pavansut

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: install not working

I did not have any difficulty getting neooffice to install. the program sits in the applications folder. but double clicking the icon does not make anything happen! I have reinstalled several times, so don't know whats wrong.
pavansut

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: install not working

forgot to mention, i am still using jaguar - not upgraded to panther yet. wonder if that makes a difference.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject:

If you open the /Applications/Utilities/Console application, are there any messages in there? If so, can you post them?

Patrick
kleineringenieur

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: how to reinstall bsd package

pluby wrote:
Take a look at the following post:

http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=637&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=bsd

If reinstalling the BSD package from your Mac OS X CD's doesn't work, please post any ouptut from the installer that appears in Console.app.

Patrick

Hallo!!

I've got the same installation problems..

I'm sure it's a silly question. How do I reinstall the BSD package?

thanks david
Luke
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 6:05 am    Post subject:

Hi David,

Quote:
I'm sure it's a silly question. How do I reinstall the BSD package?

Questions only seem silly AFTER someone has told you the answer... Smile

If you have the retail version of your OSX system (10.2 or 10.3) it's on the 1st install CD. When you put the CD in, the Welcome to Mac OS X window pops up. Open the Optional Installs folder, where there is a shortcut to the BSD installer. Double-click, then follow the instructions.

If you have a set of CDs or a DVD that came with your Mac, and the equivalent folder is not obvious, you may have to do a search for BSD.

Luke
kleineringenieur

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:48 am    Post subject:

thanks a lot!!

after one minute i succeeded.
neooffice is working really fine!

david
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Perhaps the BSD subsystem note should be added to the installation instructions at http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/en/download.php

Also, the bugs list is incorrect at http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/en/features.php Smile. The no-drag and drop bit is largely fixed.

Au revoir,
Oscar
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject:

If memory serves me correctly, I think that Jaguar has the BSD package turned off by default, but Panther has it turned on.

You can always look in the /Library/Receipts folder on your hard drive to see if you have a receipt for "BSD.pkg". If you have that receipt, then the BSD package was installed on the machine at some point in time, but it's not really a guarantee that it's still on there.

Another quick way to test if you have the BSD package installed or not is to open a Terminal (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal) and type the following:

Code:

basename ihavebsd.test .test

If you see the text:

Code:

ihavebsd

then you have the BSD utilities. If you see the text:

Code:

basename: command not found

then you don't have the BSD tools installed and will need to reinstall them.

The 'basename' test is the one that I used in the OOo X11 installer to test whether users had the BSD package installed or not instad of relying on the receipt, but there may be better ways.

ed
konnersman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Partial launch

After Neooffice/J launches the icon is in the dock but does not have the small black triancle underneath, nor can I find any way to get it to respond --- cliicking a MSWord file, dragging MSWord file to Neooffice icon. Clicking and holding on icon in dock shows "Application Not responding" greyed out, as well as "Keep in Dock," "Show in Finder," and "Quit" which are not greyed out.

I have done the bsd test and it is installed. I have a 450MhzG3 B&W with 1Gb of RAM running OS 10.2.8. There are messages in the console, but none which appear to have any relationship to Neooffice.

When I do Cmd-Opt-Esc, Neooffice is not shown in the dialog. I can quit it from the dock dialog.

Any suggesttions??
Konnersman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Unresponsive Neooffice/J

I was wrong in my previous post. The application does not seem to quit from the dock dialog. When I drag it off the dock to the desktop it snaps back to the dock and now the small black triangle is there but it's still totally unresponsive.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Partial launch

konnersman wrote:
When I do Cmd-Opt-Esc, Neooffice is not shown in the dialog. I can quit it from the dock dialog.

Any suggesttions??

Look for a process called "soffice.bin" instead, either in the "Force Quit" dialogue or the Activity Monitor (in /Applications/Utilities), which can also quit and force quit apps (and is a nice gui interface to the grep ps aux kill pid nonsense that the UNIX geeks love Smile)

Smokey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: partial launch

Yes, thank you. But I am more interested in how to get Neooffice to actually run. I offere the bit about not being able to quit primarily as diagnostic info.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1