Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Mysterious format changes in Sections
Mysterious format changes in Sections

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Mysterious format changes in Sections

I haven't been able to spot what's triggering this yet, but occasionally when I'm typing at the end of a section (that has no section after it), I've had the text I'm typing suddenly jump into a different font (of the same family) and point size.

If I can pinpoint what's happening and when, I'll post more, but I'm writing this in case anyone else has experienced similar.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject:

I know that this has been discussed before, but I will describe what you are seeing.

In NeoOffice's underlying OpenOffice.org code, text formats actually run from cursor position to cursor position. While that may sound the same as assigning formats to characters, the different is that at cursor position formats allow you to assign text formatting at beginning or end of a paragraph so that when you place the cursor at either cursor postion, the cursor positions unique text format will be applied to any text input at that cursor position.

To make the beginning or ending cursor position's format the same as the first or last character's format. Select the character and drag the mouse to ensure that you have selected past the beginning or end of the paragraph. Then reapply the same formatting that the first or last character already has.

Another approach is to put the cursor at after the first character or at the end of paragraph, backspace, and then retype the deleted character.

Patrick
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject:

I'm working from a template doc in which the entire doc is in the same font and point size, so there's no "other" for it to jump into - this is what's baffling me.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject:

yoxi wrote:
I'm working from a template doc in which the entire doc is in the same font and point size, so there's no "other" for it to jump into - this is what's baffling me.

OK. Then when it happens again, save the document and attach it. We can then unzip the file and look at the XML formatting inside the document to see if there is any special "end of paragraph" formatting.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1