· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - excel to calc chart problems
excel to calc chart problems

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bezvardis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: excel to calc chart problems

I was opening my excel file which contains chart but the chart would not work, i.e., it shows like a non-transparent layer which has some resemblance to the original chart but is actually not. I can write in the cells behind that image, but since it is not transparent, after 'enter' I don't see what I have entered.

Is that a known problem and what could be the possible ways to resolve it (apart from re-drawing the chart in Calc)?
bezvardis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: excel to calc chart problems - follow up

I experimented a bit more with my workbook. When I made a new chart in the same sheet, the old chart became clickable - i.e., it was not any more just a layer drawing. Still it seems not to be linked with the data properly and I cannot edit the chart.
schlesi
Oracle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:36 am    Post subject:

May be you should try the same with the OpenOffice-version, which is the foundation of NeoOffice/J. So you can see, if it is an OOo-issue or a NeoOffice/J-issue.

Thomas
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:02 am    Post subject:

schlesi wrote:
May be you should try the same with the OpenOffice-version, which is the foundation of NeoOffice/J. So you can see, if it is an OOo-issue or a NeoOffice/J-issue.

Or, if you do not have OOo X11 installed, file a bug in Bugzilla (http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/) and then attach a sample file to bug. I can then try to open the bug in OOo X11.

Patrick
bezvardis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: excel to calc chart problems

I opened it in OpenOffice - exactly the same situation. The original chart becomes functional after I have created another chart and saved the workbook. It did not become functional after I just saved the workbook. Do you still need a sample?
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: excel to calc chart problems

bezvardis wrote:
I opened it in OpenOffice - exactly the same situation. The original chart becomes functional after I have created another chart and saved the workbook. It did not become functional after I just saved the workbook. Do you still need a sample?

No, I don't need a sample. If OOo has the same bug, then it is a OOo bug and is not a Neo/J bug which I usually don't fix.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1