Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Crash with NO 3.3 Patch 3 Test 4
Crash with NO 3.3 Patch 3 Test 4

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amayze
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Crash with NO 3.3 Patch 3 Test 4

Whilst messing about (testing) the new fullscreen and Paste special features added in the most recent test patches I had a crash.

At the time I had the Paste Special window open in Writer when all the NeoOffice windows re-drew themselves and NeoOffice hung.

I've tried to reproduce what I was doing at the time, but haven't managed to trigger the crash again yet. I will keep trying.

Attached a crash log.

Also these lines from the console at about the same time:

Code:
03/12/2012 20:09:06.913 soffice.bin[3101]: [IMKInputSession deactivate] exception caught.
   IMKInputSession:<IMKInputSession> --
   NSInvalidSendPortException : [NSMachPort sendBeforeDate:] destination port invalid
03/12/2012 20:09:06.940 soffice.bin[3101]: [IMKInputSession activate] exception caught.
   IMKInputSession: <IMKInputSession> --
   NSInvalidSendPortException : [NSMachPort sendBeforeDate:] destination port invalid
03/12/2012 20:09:13.628 soffice.bin[3101]: [IMKInputSession deactivate] exception caught.
   IMKInputSession:<IMKInputSession> --
03/12/2012 20:09:13.648 soffice.bin[3101]: [IMKInputSession activate] exception caught.
   IMKInputSession: <IMKInputSession> --

Andy
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Crash with NO 3.3 Patch 3 Test 4

amayze wrote:
At the time I had the Paste Special window open in Writer when all the NeoOffice windows re-drew themselves and NeoOffice hung.

I've tried to reproduce what I was doing at the time, but haven't managed to trigger the crash again yet. I will keep trying.

From what I can see, your crash log indicates that the crash is occurring in the "Accept or Reject Changes" dialog. Did you have that dialog open before the crash? Also, are any of the Edit :: Changes :: Record submenus checked?

Patrick
amayze
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Crash with NO 3.3 Patch 3 Test 4

pluby wrote:
From what I can see, your crash log indicates that the crash is occurring in the "Accept or Reject Changes" dialog. Did you have that dialog open before the crash? Also, are any of the Edit :: Changes :: Record submenus checked?

Patrick

No I didn't have that dialog open. I do have Edit :: Changes :: Show selected in Writer.

I think the crash may have occurred when autosave triggered.

I'll be more specific when I can be.

Andy
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Crash with NO 3.3 Patch 3 Test 4

amayze wrote:
No I didn't have that dialog open. I do have Edit :: Changes :: Show selected in Writer.

OK. I tracked down what action causes the OpenOffice.org code stack that is in your crash log and it occurs when you choose to edit a comment attached to changes that have not yet been accepted. From the code, I assume this "edit comment" option is in a popup menu but I have yet to find how to see that option in any popup menu. Does that sound like it might be applicable to your document?

amayze wrote:
I think the crash may have occurred when autosave triggered.

I set autosave to 1 minute, typed a bunch of text in a new Writer document, typed part of a long word so that autocompletion showed suggested autocompletion characters, and waited.

NeoOffice did not crash after 2 autosaves so I opened a Calc document and opened the Paste Special dialog and repeated the above in Writer but I still couldn't repeat the crash.

I suspect that the crashing bug you saw is very difficult to reproduce so does any of the above help you remember what actions you were doing immediately before the crash? The actions I am interested in are typing, clicking, dragging, and/or selecting menus.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject:

FYI. If you had displayed the native print or page setup dialogs shortly before the crash occurred, then this crash might have been caused by the same bug that I fixed in this forum post.

Patrick
amayze
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:45 am    Post subject:

Sorry, I missed your replies to my last post in this topic.

I'm not sure if I had had the print dialogue open before this happened, but I still haven't been able to reproduce it, so hopefully your latest fixes have fixed the underlying problem.

Yours,

Andy
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1