Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Spell checker just quit!
Spell checker just quit!

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maddocg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Spell checker just quit!

Just before Christmas, and just before I installed NeoJ 1.1, my spell checker stopped checking spelling. It just takes anything I type as correct. For some months before this total mung, it would stop in a document, and if I stopped and restarted NeoJ, it would begin working again. Please help! I NEED my spell checker! Running OSX 10.3.7 currently updated. I am sure I R A idiot,
but I really could use help. TIS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject:

How about with a brand new document, with no pasting? I find that those work o.k., but that older or converted documents are often flying under the spellcheck radar.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject:

I left that last message, and was surprised it got posted by "Guest."

Cookies are on, I haven't changed any configurations, but before the site always recognized me as

Victor Frost

and now I'm Anonymous. When I tried to log in, I was asked for my nickname and password. I forget the latter, asked to have it mailed to me, but this did not happen. Most other sites ask for your e-mail address if you want your password data sent thither. I was aked for other data, about which I'm really unsure. Somebody help, please.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Ah, please post a request on the lost password request to the "Fuzkd Servers" topic.

I suspect there are two possible problems with it, either that the re-mail scripts are broken (possible) or that your ISP's mail server or spam filter software has blocked e-mails from trinity or all servers off of my ISP's netblock (also possible). The former I can fix and try and track down, the latter I can't Sad

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject:

(since there's no follow-up in the Fuzd Servers forum...)

One FYI is that you need to login via the login box on http://trinity.neooffice.org (homepage) rather than the forum login. The forum login doesn't seem to work...or at least that's what I recall from the list time my cookies went bye-bye.

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1