Aqua Beta contest - "NO Prize" <Split msg>

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject:

LemonAid wrote:
I was calling those (5 ?) items (with the UP/Down arrows) as "drop down menus" as they display a list when you click them.
Maybe the 0.00" is the Spinner and the rest are Drop-down menus??

Yes, there are 4 drop-down menus (actually, probably drop-down lists, since they're scrolling list rather than menus) and 1 spinner and (I think) I native text field (containing the 0.00" text).

toonetown wrote:
1 aqua-fied selection box drawn around the chosen layout in the Layout Pane

The layout pane selections aren't Aquafied. The Slides one is, partially (but it uses the highlight color instead of the focus color--that's been a known issue for certain things since Neo/J 1.1 RC), but it's not a new Aqua widget development; check out Alpha 4 Wink

Smokey

Keymaker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:

Yes, there are 4 drop-down menus (actually, probably drop-down lists, since they're scrolling list rather than menus) and 1 spinner and (I think) I native text field (containing the 0.00" text).

Isn't the text box part of the spinner (the same way that the text portion of the dropdown is part of the dropdown box)? Otherwise, there would be 5 native text fields.

sardisson wrote:
The layout pane selections aren't Aquafied. The Slides one is, partially (but it uses the highlight color instead of the focus color--that's been a known issue for certain things since Neo/J 1.1 RC), but it's not a new Aqua widget development; check out Alpha 4 Wink

All I know is that it looks different, and it looks better...the details of why it's different don't matter: It's "aqua-fied" in my book Smile

-Nathan
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject:

toonetown wrote:
sardisson wrote:

Isn't the text box part of the spinner (the same way that the text portion of the dropdown is part of the dropdown box)? Otherwise, there would be 5 native text fields.

No, at least not natively (i.e., in IB, when I add a spinner to a window, there's no text box attached to it). OTOH, both "parts" of drop-down menus and drop-down lists/combo boxes are a single widget.

However, to some extent, this is all splitting hairs, because vcl widgets don't have a 1-to-1 mapping to native ones in all cases. For instance, the drop-downs in Impress have the closed appearance of drop-down menus (since you can't edit/type in them) but the opened appearance of combo boxes (drop-down lists), since they have the scroll bar. They also use the highlight color rather than the menu color for the selection. And so forth.

Yay vcl Razz (Actually, XUL and thus Firefox has the same problem)

I'm sure by NeoOffice 5 Ed will have fixed all of these things and the toolbars and prefs window, too Wink

Smokey

The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
I'm sure by NeoOffice 5 Ed will have fixed all of these things and the toolbars and prefs window, too Wink

Smokey

Oh great! Where and when do we sign-up for the early release programme?

Wink

LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Well,

I think I spy, with my eye, 14 Aqua items (File picker as one).

Do I hear ... 20?!? Cool

Philipp
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Prize Winners

And the Prize Winner(s) are . . .
    The NeoOffice COMMUNITY! Very Happy
Philip ( Soo cool, and we did not count all the new ... ICONS! Cool )
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2